Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installing jets backward ok? Sponsors?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2006, 02:25 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installing jets backward ok? Sponsors?

The way I want to mount my solenoids, I will have to have the jets turned around backward from normal. Will this cause any problems? I'm working on a custom setup, and with the fittings I want to use to connect the solenoids to the nozzle the jets will have to be facing backward. It doesn't seem that it would make any difference to me. Anyone done this?
Old 04-30-2006, 02:47 PM
11 Second Club

the jets go into the nozzle its self so i'm trying to picture why you would have this issue..

Mike
Old 04-30-2006, 03:43 PM
10 Second Club

Actually using a custom plate. I just said nozzle. To attach the solenoids the way I want with the fittings I have, I need to have the fitting that holds the jet screwed into the solenoid instead of the plate, which would have the jet facing the opposite direction.
Old 04-30-2006, 04:49 PM
10 Second Club

the jets actually make the connection "AN" so it seals to the nozzle. i dont' think it'll seal properly if they are backwards, unless you use some teflon paste and don't ever change them/ re paste it if you change them.
Old 04-30-2006, 07:29 PM
10 Second Club

I'm not talking about the jet being backward in the fitting. I'm talking about using a fitting that holds the jet in the outlet of the solenoid instead of the inlet on the plate. It seals fine. Everything bolts up nicely. The only difference is, the tube portion of the jet is pointed toward the solenoid instead of the flared portion.