Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which kit for an LS1?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2006, 07:53 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which kit for an LS1?

The guy who does the work on my car keeps encouraging me to add a nitrous kit. I don't know much about it and was wondering if anyone could shed some light on the subject. The car is mainly a weekend driver/street & show. I just like having the power if i need it He (my mechanic) suggested a Zex kit because there's a controller that automatically activates the juice at WOT. He also said there are many other kits to choose from. Not looking to spend a boatload of money here on the kit...just want to keep it simple and safe.

Huck
Old 06-23-2006, 08:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

jeez, I don't know if anyone sells a nitrous kit for an LS1????

USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!
Old 06-23-2006, 08:18 AM
Teching In

This one looks good. Not too crazy about the purple, though.

www.zex.com

EFI WET NITROUS SYSTEM - LS1 Engines
Part #82026

A complete "Wet" nitrous system. Everything is included for a safe, proper installation.

• Designed to work safely on stock type engines, but is also engineered to perform flawlessly on highly modified turbocharged and supercharged combinations. The ideal nitrous system for any fuel injected vehicle.

• All major components are factory pre-assembled inside the "Nitrous Management Unit". Easy, plug and play, two-hour installation.

• ZEX Nitrous Systems have an advanced, patented feature called "Active Fuel Control". This feature monitors nitrous bottle pressure and adds or subtracts enrichment fuel so the engine never runs too rich, or too lean, when you engage the nitrous system.

• ZEX "Wet" nitrous systems activate at wide-open throttle using advanced electronics that monitor your engine's throttle position sensor. This makes using your nitrous system very easy and reliable.

Last edited by huckzilla; 06-23-2006 at 08:25 AM.
Old 06-23-2006, 08:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

I was being sarcastic with my last post.
use the search button, there are many many kits our board sponsors sell here all have their plus's and minus's.
I think you will find that the ZEX kits are the least popular here.
Old 06-23-2006, 08:32 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

depends on what your wanting to do.
dry kit, wet kit?
small shot, big shot?
never told us how much of a budget you have.
Old 06-23-2006, 08:41 AM
Teching In

I could use some enlightenment on the difference between a wet or dry kit. Looking for around 100 shot.

Huck
Old 06-23-2006, 08:43 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

https://ls1tech.com/forums/removed-locked-thread-graveyard/458352-nitrous-faq-s-nitrous-push-systems-merged.html

read the first few posts in this sticky, it'll help explain alot of the little questions you may have.
Old 06-23-2006, 08:56 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

The cleanest looking, install we all know is the MAF system.. Sure not the cheapest but what is these days. Fits the car nicely and looks like it belongs there.
http://www.nitrousexpress.com/Pages/GMMassAir.htm

Ricky
Old 06-23-2006, 08:57 AM
TECH Addict

Vinny its Friday be happy! My package from ya should be here today!

The trouble with Nitrous is you really need more than a basic kit. Once you have it installed you realize that you should have got a bottle pressure gauge, a bottle heater, and a purge kit. Then your at a light with the bottle off, and the ricer next ya just pisses you off and you wish you had a remote bottle opener and remote pressure gauge, then you realize that your bottle is half empty (or half full, depends on how you look at it), and you wish you had a spare bottle that was full. Has this happened to anyone?

The vendors will be here soon I see you are East Coast, nearby you have DynoTune, and Harris Speed Works (none of which are Zex Dealers). Nitro Dave (Nitrous Outlet) is in Texas and he sells Zex kits.

First read the Faqs, and figure out the age old question Wet or Dry. Figure out how and where your going to mount the bottle. There is a lot of expierence here on the boards search your questions before you ask, because chances are its been asked many times already.

Call the site Nitrous Sponsors (Vendors) and tell them what you want and listen to what they have to say and what they have to offer. Search the forum for C-5 and ZO6 installs, see if something catches your eye, bottle color, main line length, plate, nozzle, or directport, solenoid color all may matter to ya when its all said and done.

DynoTune in Mass, hooked me up with my first kit, Dean and Dan were great. The more you buy the better the deal . HSW is down the road from ya (well same state anyway) Matt (HSW) has some great looking Black products, Nitrous Outlet has your Zex stuff as well as a sweet Plate kit and NX and a NOS kits, and Nitrous Direct will chime in to with Cold Fusion and NX stuff, as well as their Vette inspired Robert56 Pro Dry kits.

For Corvette info do a search by user, Robert56 and myself usually reply to most Vette threads.

Here are some pics of my install (which Vinny did)

As you can see I could not make up my mind on the wet/dry question so I did both

Beer

Last edited by Beer99C5; 06-23-2006 at 09:21 AM.