Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EFILive Custom Nitrous Tuning

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2006, 06:30 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default EFILive Custom Nitrous Tuning

EFILive has semi-released their new OS5. With this OS you are able to adjust N20 fueling and Timing all in the PCM. As soon as you hit your activation switch, the PCM will pull the amount of timing you have specified and adjusted the fueling to your taste. This will allow a true one tune for all your n20 needs. Here is a screen shot of the parameters available.

Just two to start with.
One for the Aussies to replace 12225074.
One for the 2002 F&Y bodies to replace 12212156
If you are already running a custom O.S based on one of those O.S's then all existing tunes are compatible.

Same process as the others, Full flash the O.S #5 tune in, then flash the cals only from the existing tune you are running, then read it out and save as your new O.S #5 file and adjust the new tables / parameters.

Setup suggestions.
A0003 - Set to disable for now until the tutorial is done (or you are feeling brave).
N20 monitor is done via the same input as the Valet mode, once it is grounded then the two compensation tables become active, although, there is two parameters to stop those two tables even if the N20 is on.

Good luck, let us all know how you go.

Download here -
http://efidownload.iqd.co.nz/softwar...5_OS_Final.zip
Attached Thumbnails EFILive Custom Nitrous Tuning-n201.png   EFILive Custom Nitrous Tuning-n202.png   EFILive Custom Nitrous Tuning-n203.png  
Old 07-02-2006, 11:13 AM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well shoots...almost makes me want to reconsider swapping tuning software Same thing I have been working on, but of course I have to use a "trigger" already seen by the pcm...working on that too though. Good info, thanks for posting.
Old 07-02-2006, 11:20 AM
TECH Junkie

Yup. It is really cool. Dry or Wet you can fine tune the fueling all through the PCM (if your fuel system is up to it). All you do is adjust the VE correction table where you need it and your all set. Same goes with timing.
Old 07-02-2006, 11:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

cool! I'll have to see if I can intergrate this OS with my existing system.
Old 07-02-2006, 04:17 PM
9 Second Club

what different with this then just pulling timing at time of tuning
Old 07-02-2006, 05:08 PM
TECH Junkie

The advantage of this is you can run a stock tune for max power N/A as well as one for N20 and not have to sacrafice anything in between.
Old 07-03-2006, 01:01 PM
8 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

not to mention changing tunes in the staging or forgeting to change tune. At a stoplight and a pesky supra shows up but no spray for you without changing tunes. Did i see a tab That lets you adjust the ve table to the tps setting. not having to keep seperate tunes is a huge thing to me! its a pain having to make changes to multiple tunes. I have HPT and they have something simular but it costs an extra 50$ is this an included feature?
Old 07-03-2006, 02:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by koolrayz
not to mention changing tunes in the staging or forgeting to change tune. At a stoplight and a pesky supra shows up but no spray for you without changing tunes. Did i see a tab That lets you adjust the ve table to the tps setting. not having to keep seperate tunes is a huge thing to me! its a pain having to make changes to multiple tunes. I have HPT and they have something simular but it costs an extra 50$ is this an included feature?
There is a TPS vs VE table feature. It is interesting, helps mostly with large overlap cams down low. It has helped mine out pretty substantially with only just 3 tries at tuning (i've got 0-3000rpm and up to 20% throttle nailed down) It is not a multiplier table though, it is a straight whole seperate VE table that you can have enabled below certain MAP/TPS/RPM conditions.

I've yet to mess with the N2O Monitor VE multiplier/Timing tables. I will be playing with it here soon though, I need to get my seperate fuel system and direct port in order before I can mess with that much.

And yes, this is an included feature with the Custom OS #5, no need to spend extra money everytime a new feature comes out. Just reflash and go. Chad is still working on the tutorial right now though, so information regarding the setup of these features is limited for the time being (should be available within a week or two).
Old 07-04-2006, 07:10 PM
TECH Addict

Just got the EFI Flashscan Tool, figure a couple months of loggin and learning, and I can then upgrade to the Tuning side of the house.

Thanks Black02SS

Beer

Quick Reply: EFILive Custom Nitrous Tuning