Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

possible backfire?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2006, 11:03 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default possible backfire?

i tried to use my shot to day running a 370fwhp civic and my system did not spray. i got home a checked everything out and saw that my wot switch bracket was bent so i moved it and it sprayed for a few seconds with the motor off. after that i could here a sizzleing sound for about 20 seconds and then it stoped. i didn't want to restart it because i was afraid it could backfire.

i wanted to know what that sound was and if i let it sit over night could there still be a chance for a backfire?
Old 07-10-2006, 11:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 00formLs1
i tried to use my shot to day running a 370fwhp civic and my system did not spray. i got home a checked everything out and saw that my wot switch bracket was bent so i moved it and it sprayed for a few seconds with the motor off. after that i could here a sizzleing sound for about 20 seconds and then it stoped. i didn't want to restart it because i was afraid it could backfire.

i wanted to know what that sound was and if i let it sit over night could there still be a chance for a backfire?
No sure what the sizzling sound might be (don't have any nitrous leaks do you?). As far as the shot into your engine, turn your nitrous system off, disconnect your coil wires / packs, and key up your ignition with your throttle 3/4 open for 10-20 seconds. This will clear any nitrous out of your engine. Reconnect everything and you should be fine.
Old 07-11-2006, 12:06 AM
12 Second Club

no i don't have any leaks, it sounded like something was burning, like when water hits something hot.

maybe it was water from my a/c condenser hitting falling on the header.

i'll do what you said 2marro,
thanks
Eric
Old 07-11-2006, 08:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 00formLs1

That sound was probably fuel boiling in the intake manifold. You certainly made the right decision by not starting it. Backfire for sure if you did. The best thing to do is what Lowell216 said to do.
Vinny
Old 07-11-2006, 01:47 PM
12 Second Club

that is what i was thinking at first that it was fuel or nitrious boiling in the manifold.
thanks guys
Eric