Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NOS Newbie!

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2006, 11:55 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question NOS Newbie!

Well i'v read about nos for awhile and know some of the basics but I had a few simple questions i know a few nitro guys here can hook me up with some answers.. I want to spray a 150 shot on my brand new motor (havnt even driven it yet) but im worried about breaking something since well i just dropped a **** load of cash into it and such so i concluded a smaller safer shot? like a 75 or something would be more of my liking since my setups already making around 400 hp... what kit would you guys suggest i put on my car? i got a 6AL to btw which I can get a retard box for
Old 07-19-2006, 12:09 AM
TECH Senior Member

You should be fine with a smaller shot, but remember, "If you want to play, and can't pay, don't spray".
Robert
Old 07-19-2006, 12:11 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Robert56
You should be fine with a smaller shot, but remember, "If you want to play, and can't pay, don't spray".
Robert
oh i know what ya mean... well i wont have a bigger income soon.... but im learning mechanics next year and my dads getting a hydral lift so we can lift our cars up (for our project 69 camaro/06 z06 and my car) so ill be able to drop the k member and do any rebuilding and such if i break stuff... ok my dad can play but not me but he doesnt...
Old 07-19-2006, 07:31 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

brand new motor as in 0 miles?
Old 07-19-2006, 10:11 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The key to running a safe system is using quality parts from supplier that has the knowledge to lead you in the right path. Using the needed safety items such as a window switch and fpss will hepl keep you from making mistakes and hurting the motor.

A single nozzle system will work great for the level you are looking to spray.
If you want something with a more custom looking fit I would go with one of our plate sytems.
If I can help in any way let me know.
Thanks
Dave
Old 07-19-2006, 12:39 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by NitrousDirect
brand new motor as in 0 miles?
ya for now.. ill start driving the car soon replacing my DD it will have 1,500-2,000 miles on it in no time (in a month)

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
The key to running a safe system is using quality parts from supplier that has the knowledge to lead you in the right path. Using the needed safety items such as a window switch and fpss will hepl keep you from making mistakes and hurting the motor.

A single nozzle system will work great for the level you are looking to spray.
If you want something with a more custom looking fit I would go with one of our plate sytems.
If I can help in any way let me know.
Thanks
Dave
yea i'v been looking at a window switch from MSD i think im gonna pick it up guy wanted like $40 with all the pills from 3k to 6.9k ill have to stop by your shop to eventually dave..
Old 07-19-2006, 01:39 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow I just relized you were from Waco. Send me a pm and tell me who you are.lol
Dave