Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help with TBSS

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2006, 11:58 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default help with TBSS

I was wondering if anyone could help me (since you have done it already and everyone I know "KNOWS" how and what to do it right) figure out how to run consistently and w/o much hands on if I just want to flatten the pedal and go on the spray.

A) What kit do you recommend for the LS2 on a trailblazer SS?

B) how much of a shot (HP) can I run on a wet kit and Keep the engine from grenading?

C) is it worth adding a remote bottle opener (or can you leave the bottle on if you're just driving around and close it when you park it)?

D) Bottle warmer? only in the winter? or should I install it and use it whenever I am going to spray?

E) progressive controller...worth it? will it help "lessen" the wear N tear or is it used more to add performance?

F)how much would the parts alone (all the ones mentioned) and supplies set me back (ball park figure) cause many people are telling me it's just better to turbo the truck because it's gonne run me $2k or more for it...I would be installing it myself..

thanks guys, I don't have anyone else to ask, nobody runs nitrous near me..
Old 07-19-2006, 12:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i put my dry kit in for 600 total and the is with a window switch, auto bottle warmer, 860 mount, jimmy jams switch and WOT switch, pressure gage and all the stuff to put it in. the bottle heater is good to have cause you want to keep your pressure consistant the general rule i have seen is bettwen 900 and 1050. remote openers are nice, but i just turn mine on when i go out and turn it back off when i get back to the house but it is never longer than a couple of hours. on the stock full system for the LS1 i know that most are spraying 150. any thing more than that you would want to upgrade the fuel system. hope that helps some don't know alot about a progressive control cause i don't have one.
Old 07-20-2006, 03:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

We're running the Nitrous Outlet plate system.. Before the H/C we were running a 75 shot, and our fuel pressure dropped from 52 @ WOT to 43 @ WOT, so i would reccomend going more than that without a fuel pump.. Right now our H/C setup is maxing out the stock injectors and dropping fuel psi alot. These heavy SUV's take up alot of fuel. As for activation, I'm running the NX TPAS. Its just a little black box that senses voltage increase when you mach the throttle on the DBW throttle body- very easy to install and setup. I defineatly would reccomend a progressive controller however.. Traction is a huge issue with us, and if you plan on using slicks, kiss your tranny good bye..
Old 07-23-2006, 12:12 AM
11 Second Club

thanks for the replies..I was unaware that the Fuel pressur was an issue above a 75shot? thanks alot.. can the injectors be bored out or do you have to buy new ones? if so which ones fit? and do the job?

I think a small cam, Heads, Tune, pulley, full exhaust W LT headers & a 75 shot would get me low 12's on street tires..any thoughts?