Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can I use this switch?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2006, 10:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Can I use this switch?

Had the street pro electric cutouts installed yesterday. When I picked it up, he had the cutouts open and I started it up. OMG!!! This thing sounds badass. You can hear the cam really good. This is probably one of the better mods. Wife hasn't heard it yet though. I'm sure when she does she'll S#@T.

I don't know if this is the place to ask this, but the cutouts came with a switch which says in the instructions reverse's polarity. I have the nitrous express switches in the console (used when I had n2o on the car) and the switch that controled the bottle heater has the same plugs on the back as the switch they sent me.

This is a schematic of the switch:

The one difference in the wiring I see is the #5 & #2 are the hot and ground on the new switch whereas on the bottle opener, #5 and #2 went to the two wires on the bottle opener. On the new switch, there are wires crossing over from #3 to #4 is a red wire and from #6 to #1 is a black wire. There is also a longer red wire coming from #3 and a longer black wire coming out of #6 that runs to the wires on the cutouts. On the bottle opener switch it had the hot wire coming from #3 to #4 there was also a black lead crossing over from #1 to #6 and again #2 ran to the black wire on the bottle opener and #5 ran to the red wire on the bottle opener.

Can I get the switch that I used on the bottle opener to work with these cutouts instead of using their switch? Will this work the same as the other switch?
Old 10-07-2006, 11:11 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

yes....