Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tuning for nitrous??

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2006 | 12:31 AM
TECH Apprentice

Default tuning for nitrous??

i tried the search but couldnt find what i wanted to know now if im making say 430 to the wheels n/a and i add a 75-100 shot as far as tuning goes are there going to be 2 seperate tunes?? One that activates when the ntrous does? or do they just pull timing and i lose a little bit on the n/a side? thanks ben
Old 11-08-2006 | 01:46 AM
On The Tree

Im not sure but I think they pull timing and you lose a bit when doing a N/A run. Someone will chime in on this.
So I have a question what if using a hptuners will it work the same as mentioned?
And if I get a tune now, and later get some more mods will I have to pay my tunrer again to do another tune or will they just add the mod to the tune?
Old 11-08-2006 | 08:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

From what I've seen they might pull a small amount of timing. Kinda hard to say, it all depends on what the car wants/needs. I've never heard of anyone having a switchable tune, one for N/A and one for the gas. Seems like it would be a good idea if someone could do it. Don't know if it's even possibly?
Old 11-08-2006 | 08:49 AM
Staging Lane

One way to cheat and have "switchable" tunes is to wire up a switch into the IAT sensor that will break that circuit. By doing so, this defaults the IAT sensor to -40C tables in the ECM and you can put your required N20 timing retard in there. When you're not using the spray you just flick the switch back to close the IAT sensor circuit and have it function normally using your regular NA tune. It would be a lot simpler if someone would make an electronic timing controller for LS2's but this way works just fine too!
Old 11-08-2006 | 09:27 AM
Ray@Nitrous Outlet

You can also use the Timing Tuner. It will automaticly pull timing when you go WOT and also includes a window switch.

http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/catalog...product_id=965

That way you don't have to give up your base tune for NA
Old 11-08-2006 | 09:33 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by bbradyc5
One way to cheat and have "switchable" tunes is to wire up a switch into the IAT sensor that will break that circuit. By doing so, this defaults the IAT sensor to -40C tables in the ECM and you can put your required N20 timing retard in there. When you're not using the spray you just flick the switch back to close the IAT sensor circuit and have it function normally using your regular NA tune. It would be a lot simpler if someone would make an electronic timing controller for LS2's but this way works just fine too!
done this and it works great. also shoot infront of the mass air and pull timing in the higher hertz. this will pull when the nos hits the sensor.(only on dry shots)
Old 11-08-2006 | 09:36 AM
FormerVendor

I agree with Ray, the LS1 Timing Tuner is the way to go if you want max N/A HP and only pull timing on the spray. Downside is you have a LS2 and I'm not 100% certin the LS1 TT will work.

Matt