Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No TPS??

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2006, 11:52 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default No TPS??

Is there something messed with my TPS. Im hooking up my F1 kit and at first I was going to use the blue wire coming off the TB for my TPS wire and I used my volt meter on it and it only read the cars voltage...??? It did not moove when I mooved the throttle blade. I then tried the blue wire coming off the pcm, #24. It did the same thing. I dont underdstand why its reading that and not my voltage off the throttle body. Its a fast 90 TB if that helps. Im just trying to get the tps/window switch hooked up that nitro dave sales so I can test the spray out. The unit doesnt see any tps signals coming in. I have the blue wire coming off the tps/wot switch spliced in the #24 wire coming off the pcm witch I know is the correct wire. I dont understand why its not working. Any ideas...thanks
Old 11-26-2006, 06:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 67 Likes on 48 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

So you got a reading off of pin 24 on the pcm but not the throttle body?
Are you sure you have the right wire plug on the throttle body?
There are two set's of wire's coming out of it.
The correct plug is the lower one.
Fish out the dark blue one and run a continuity check from that wire to pin 24.
If it reads zero your good.
Stupid question, but did you press the pedal all the way to the floor when you were trying to get a reading?
Old 11-26-2006, 09:08 AM
TECH Resident

I didnt use the pedal I just mooved the throttle blade to WOT. The reading that I get off the wire on the TPS (the dark blue one) and the dark blue on the pcm is the actual power off the battery...like 11.32 or so. I dont understand why its not showing me the throttle voltage.
Old 11-27-2006, 04:38 PM
12 Second Club

I got mine wired tot he TPS and it shows like a 4.7V or something like that when its WOT, i got the Dynotune controller and it seems to work great.