Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blowing fuse

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2006 | 08:33 PM
Launching!

Default Blowing fuse

I have a 15amp fuse in the main power feed which is powering one solenoid through a relay activated by a wot pedal switch and msd window switch. Its a dry shot. I am 99% sure on my wiring. I tested the system tonight through one gear and i could feel the spray come in and then I let off. Then I went to spray again and NOTHING.

I got out and checked the fuse. BLOWN.

I left the car home and went to my gf's. I was thinking of why it might have blown and finally it occured to me. There is a diode on the nitrous relay...came that way with the n20 kit. Might my wiring be reversed from what it should be while using the diode? Would the diode be causing the fuse to blow? Its killing me that I cant access the car until tomorrow, but just wondering if anyone can confirm what I am thinking is the cause.

If that is the cause, then I just need to reverse the wires on the relay. Or just ditch the diode

Anyone?
Old 11-28-2006 | 09:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Exactly what solenoid are you using? My 400 HP solenoid from NX pulls something like 28 amps.
Old 11-28-2006 | 10:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

lol solution = up the fuse amps....lol kidding..but thats what I would normally do...maybe try a 20 and see what happens?