Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Safest setup for an LT1?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 10:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Safest setup for an LT1?

I have an LT1 (stock shortblock) with around 45k miles on it. It has LE1 heads and cam, all the bolt ons to support this, intake, exhaust, 30lb injectors, etc.

For my next mod I would like to be able to spray a 75-125 shot.

I had always planned to go with a wet kit, but after reading some of the 'wet vs dry' threads lately im wondering if i wouldnt be better off running a dry shot. One thread seemed to say that the dry shot was safter on the LS1, since it has a much better computer than the LT1.

So my question is what is the absolute safest setup I can run? Plate? fogger? Wet? dry? I'm pretty inexperienced in the nitrous game.

I currently have a stock fuel pump, which probably needs replaced anyway since it has around 180k miles on it.
Old 01-06-2007, 10:06 AM
8 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Stay with a wet kit for an LT1. I would go with a NX Maf kit from Nitrous Outlet. Clean install, proven performance, safe distribution. I do recommend changing your fuel pump to a racetronics kit and also getting the usual safety devices. Fuel pressure safety switch, window switch......etc. Also a timing retard is recommended.
Old 01-06-2007, 11:36 AM
JUICED96Z

Yeah I am thinking about a MAF/Plate style and ditching the fogger.

Don't think you really need to retard any timing untill you pass 125. I know a few guys that spray 125 on stock timing.
Old 01-06-2007, 04:32 PM
Ray@Nitrous Outlet

I am running the NX MAF kit on my 94....it has been on the car ever since it was just a H/C car. I have also run a single nozzle wet kit on it. Either will work, the MAF kit just gives a much cleaner install.

As Tony mentioned if you run the recommended accessories you can run nitrous safely.

Give me a call and I will be happy to go over all the options and answer any questions you might have.
Old 01-07-2007, 07:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Does that MAF kit replace your MAF, or fit onto the end of it?

Plus, i thought that fuel didnt like being sprayed through the intake elbow?
Old 01-07-2007, 08:34 PM
On The Tree

Installed a 150 NX single nozzle kit on my bros. 95' Vette. Also installed a window switch and a MSD timing device to pull 6 deg. timing. Car runs great, goes through a bottle or two every weekend at the track.
Old 01-07-2007, 11:04 PM
Ray@Nitrous Outlet

I ran a single nozzle when I had the elbow....had the 1LE boot with the nozzle where the silencer was. Had the tube in place with the line ran up the inside. Had no issues with spraying fuel in the elbow. When I switched to the suncoast airbox, I went to the MAF kit. It replaces the MAF ends. My car also picked up NA HP with the new ends.