Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking about SPRAYING the BBC.

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2007, 07:56 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Thinking about SPRAYING the BBC.

I'm thinking about spraying the BBC. I probably won't be able to run a plate because of hood clearance. But, I wouldn't mind putting the crossbar in my intake. I've thought about a fogger system but don't know if I need that much.

I'm looking at a 100-200 shot. Of course I'll start low and work my way up to the bigger hit. I've got to get used to this car before I really try for some fast runs.

I'm running a Holley Blue Electric Fuel Pump. Right now I've got about 12 psi for fuel pressure. Its got the adjustable regulator as well. One question is can I use this pump to run the motor and the nitrous or do I need another pump.

Looking at going with a window switch, MSD retard module and heater blanket. I'll mount it on the trans hump so there's no need for the remote opener.

I'm new at this but I've read alot of post about nitrous. The bottom end in my motor is a Forged Eagle rotaing assembly. So I think I'm good up to at least a 200 shot maybe a 250 shot later on. So any advise on the systems and what not let me know. I don't want to waste money on the wrong thing or mess up on the install. So all pointers and advise is welcome.
Old 01-25-2007, 09:27 AM
On The Tree

make sure you have enough fuel... that 454 will breathe that 200 shot w/ no problems.

Good Luck.
Old 01-25-2007, 09:56 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

We put spray bars in intakes all the time. This deffintly works well to save hood clearence. The holley blue will not be enough fuel pump to supply the motor and nitrous system. I would suggest either buying a larger fuel pump and spliting off with two regulaters. One to feed the nitrous systemn and one for the carb. Or just adding another fuel pump and regulater for just the nitrous.
Dave
Old 01-25-2007, 10:40 AM
TECH Regular

Guess I need to run another Holly Blue Fuel Pump for the Nitrous. Should I set the nitrous fuel to come out of the stock tank or should I have another tank for race fuel to supply the nitrous? I'll be running 93 octane for the pump gas.
Old 01-25-2007, 11:01 AM
FormerVendor

You can do either. You can put another fitting in the tank and give the nitrous systems fuel pump its own feed or run a dedicated. I prefer running a dedicated fuel system for the nitrous. Being able to run 93 in the tank and 116 in the dedicated is a nice pluss. Check out our dedicated systems.
Old 01-26-2007, 09:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

It would help to know what your rings are gapped at. For when you get greedy. Ask me how I know. Yeah, run a dedicated fuel cell and pump. Its easy to adjust afr with the fuel pressure, and 116 is nice insurance.
Old 01-26-2007, 09:32 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Firechikn
It would help to know what your rings are gapped at. For when you get greedy. Ask me how I know. Yeah, run a dedicated fuel cell and pump. Its easy to adjust afr with the fuel pressure, and 116 is nice insurance.
That is agood information...

Ring gap will matter.
Dave