Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Test suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2007 | 01:47 PM
Teching In

Default Test suggestions

I've had my 383 for 2 years now and have only put around 3000K on it the motor seems to be running strong and now I recently have bought a Fast 90/90 set up and a Zex Direct Port System,HSW standalone, Edge Controler and was planning on hitting the Dyno when the snow clears but I'm not sure how much spray to through at it to tune? Any help would be great
Old 02-15-2007 | 02:06 PM
FormerVendor

Depending on the N/A tune (you may or may not have to pull any timing based off your comp ratio/octian fuel in the stand alone & how much timing you are running) you may have to do a spray tune. What size shot do you plan on running? After getting the "spray" tune down jet it for that size shot and start adjusting the A/F on the spray if need be.

Matt
Old 02-15-2007 | 02:22 PM
Teching In

I was planning on pulling some timing with the timing tuner. In the standalone I was going to run a high octane not sure what exactly? I need to get the N/A tune touched up because it seems to be running a little lean since the 90/90 set up but I was just wondering if there was an easier jet size to through in. I've never used Nitrous before on my own car but have taken rides in a few cars. Eventually I would like to be spraying somewhere in the 200-250 range. I also have a wideband LC-1 to install before then but what is a good A/F and timing to target with race gas?
Old 02-15-2007 | 04:24 PM
FormerVendor

Good move with the timing tuner. If that is the case I would dial in the N/A tune timing & A/F wise (sounds like you might have to richen it up a little bit). Then pull any timing that you added in with the timing tuner and shot for an 11.8 - 12.0 A/F ratio on the nitrous. Depending on the jetting that you are going with you may be able to effect (richen or lean out) the A/F by increasing or decreasing the fuel pressure on the stand alone. You’ll want to get it pretty close with the jets though.

Matt

Originally Posted by rygb2000
I was planning on pulling some timing with the timing tuner. In the standalone I was going to run a high octane not sure what exactly? I need to get the N/A tune touched up because it seems to be running a little lean since the 90/90 set up but I was just wondering if there was an easier jet size to through in. I've never used Nitrous before on my own car but have taken rides in a few cars. Eventually I would like to be spraying somewhere in the 200-250 range. I also have a wideband LC-1 to install before then but what is a good A/F and timing to target with race gas?