Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

IAT wiring clarification..

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 09:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default IAT wiring clarification..

I was looking through the wiring sticky for information regarding the IAT resistor mod to pull timing. Here's what I found:

http://home.comcast.net/~weaver.robe...timingpull.jpg

Looking at that diagram, I'm looking to use this relay:

http://www.dynotunenitrous.com/store...p?idproduct=47

I need clarification regarding the diagram. The diagram shows 5 connections to the relay, but the relay I listed above only has 4 prongs. Are the "87" and "87A" wires on the diagram connecting to the same prong on the relay?

Which wires on the IAT plug are the "A" and "B" wires in the diagram above?

What temperature range does the 750 ohm resistor trick the computer into thinking the incoming air is?
Old 04-06-2007, 11:03 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That relay wont work. There are 2 parts to a relay. Contacts(front, back & heel) and the coil that picks the heel. The coil needs pos and neg battery. It is not polarity sensitve. 85 & 86 are the coil control. 30 is the heel. 87a is the normally closed(when not energized) contact, and 87 is closed when the coil is energized. So when you cut wire B and hook it to 87a and 30 it will still be made when not energized. When you energize the coil with 12 volts 87 and 30 are made so the circuit reads the resistor and not the iat. I believe I read this will pull 3 to 4 degrees. Hope this helps, adown
Old 06-18-2007, 08:37 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you get this to work?

Jason