Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Too much too fast

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 06:09 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Too much too fast

I am haveing a problem. I am using a 200 shot on my 06 Z06. I am ruuning new M & H tires on the rear. I have tried different tire pressures, different shock settings and different launch rpm's. I am not able to hook the tires. The few times that I did I hooked so well it bogged the motor. An emample of this occured yesterday. Tried short and longer burnouts. I got the tires hot and set at 26 lbs. Bounced and didnt hook with a 3500rpm launch. Lowered tire pressure next down to 22 and then down to 20lbs. Dropped the clutch at 3000 and then 2500. All 3 passes same result. Just the weekend before I was dead hooking so much I had to add tire pressure and rpm at launch. Why am I not getting consistant results that I should be. It cant possibly be too much torque off line. I am only pushing about 740rwtq. Should I and is it possible to tune part of the torque out of there in first gear? Is it possible thru torque management on the cars computer system and again only in first gear?

Thanks

Jack
Old 04-15-2007, 06:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check out this thread, you can get hold of Myhardtop over at corvetteforum in the C6 Z06 section. He has many threads on his system and many guys are dragging their cars, so some insight could be had. A few guys are allready putting their Z06's into the 9's on the spray. Not a whole to do suspension wise on the Z06, so...
C6 Z06 9.88 run on Dry Hit

You could dual stage it and break up the torque, or go progressive. If you were dead hooking the weekend before on the same hit, then prob just track condition. If your were not spraying on dead hooks, then you may just be over powering the tires. What tires are ya running? You can also just pedal out of the hole and wait to go wot until traction is had.
Robert