Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

3 practical nitrous newb questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 09:52 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3 practical nitrous newb questions

Hey guys, this isnt for an LS car, but found you after my buddy picked up an 04 Z06 (I call it OUR car as I do all the work ) and this has to be the best nitrous resource ive found on the web.

Picked up a dry shot system from a friend. Want to install it on the wifes 2005 Miata. (Im used to a 13.1/105mph Stealth Twin Turbo. Mazda = 138hp )

Q1: I want to go dry shot. Ive seen nitrous backfires. Will a dry shot prevent the possibility of a n20 backfire? (unless something else goes horribly wrong)

Q2: It has a return-less fuel system. Im wondering if a system that sprays into the filter (like picture below) would work without having to hook up a fuel pressure switch? (as the car doesnt have an FPR) Could I just spray through the MAF to trick the pcm into upping the injector duty cycle to keep up with the dry shot? Seems a little hit and miss with getting the right af ratio this way... But would be a nice simple system if it worked.

Q3: Basically is there any way easy way to run a small (50 or under) shot on a returnless fuel system? Everyone tells me I have to go wet. Am I just being difficult?

Thanks for any thoughts you guys have.

Picture of The Smurf!

Old 05-24-2007, 07:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this is for the Z06? If so check out my web sites in sig, and do a search for threads started by Robert56. You'll find mucho info on running the dry hit on a Z06. Stay away from the tube style dry and/ot having the nozzles to far away, you'll be lean, been there did that. also, check out the wet vs dry thread. once you mull over some of this info, if ya have additional questions ask away, I would be glad to help if I can. Dry is a good choice on the Z06, it holds all the records for stock longblock with any power adder, over all the wet hits, blowers and turbo(s).
Robert
Old 05-25-2007, 08:51 PM
Teching In

Sorry Robert, its actually for the Miata shown.

A) will dry shot (reasonably) prevent the possibility of an intake backfire?
B) There is no fuel pressure regulator. There is no return line on the fuel system. would injecting through the MAF alone, be enough to trick the PCM/ECU be enough to keep the A/F ratio safe?

PS Heres a few pics I took today of La Zee! (blue one) LG long tubes, Off road X-pipe, Stinger intake, Torque tube cover plate thing, frame protectors, lowering bolts, and some other little stuff.

Last edited by 1forest1; 05-25-2007 at 09:09 PM.
Old 05-25-2007, 09:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Z06's I know some about, Miatas are greek to me? no workie on rice either. (don't have a clue who makes a Miata, sorry)
Robert
Old 05-25-2007, 09:13 PM
Teching In

Gotcha.
Know of any good online N20 resources I should check out?
Old 05-25-2007, 09:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Check with NX guys, they do all sorts of cars, also, maybe Nitro Dave may have some insight on a Miata. Someone may still be able to help on this site?
Robert