Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HSW timing tuner...

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2007, 02:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default HSW timing tuner...

Has anyone used this and can anyone from HSW chime in and explain how it works... The Idea I get is that under nomal WOT you have peak timing to what the car likes and with N2O it reduces the timing to safe setting, but does the user program those timing parameters ?
Old 05-26-2007, 09:48 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you can change base timing and wot for NA and retard timing for spray. It has rotary switch you adjust. also has a window switch and delay
Old 05-26-2007, 10:23 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mellowyellow
Has anyone used this and can anyone from HSW chime in and explain how it works... The Idea I get is that under nomal WOT you have peak timing to what the car likes and with N2O it reduces the timing to safe setting, but does the user program those timing parameters ?
Don't know if you ONLY want someone from HSW to answer you but I'll take a chance and give you my experience. BTW, HSW sells these, they don't make them.

You can also ADVANCE timing if you should want to do that and you can set the rpm limit to activate a circuit to energize nitrous and fuel solenoids etc.. A second setting will allow control to de-activate a circuit to close solenoids etc.. It comes with a "service jumper plug" block off pigtail to take the device out of the system and return to the factory timing control.

I wish Mallory would have made such a device for the LS1 as my LT1 has a Hyfire 685 that does all (except timing advance) with a nice key pad and LED digital display instead of ricky-tic rotary dials.

Last edited by 01Z28M6; 05-26-2007 at 10:30 PM.