Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Questions about the NX rail system.

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 11:49 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions about the NX rail system.

I have an oppertunity to get the NX rail direct port kit for cheap. It is however the carb version, but i will be using a fuel dedicated n20 system.

This would be the kit.

http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/catalog...roduct_id=1596

What bothers me is how the fuel upon solenoid activation has to travel from the 1&2 cylinders all the way back to the 7&8 cyls when the nitrous noids are in the rear. Hence cylinders 7&8 would be introduced to nitrous before fuel would. Though it would be a split second, it still concerns me because 7&8 are the notorious lean runners. Maybe theres some magic somewhere i am missing?

Would running a 6.5psi pump be better versus using the EFI 45-50psi fuel? yes i know the jetting is different for carb and EFI, but my question is directed towards flow charactoristics. I was told the low pressure creates less bubbling issues and is more consistant. Anyone have some insight? Dave?
thanks.

Last edited by v8-7; 06-21-2007 at 12:20 PM.
Old 06-22-2007, 10:32 AM
Launching!

buehler?
Old 06-22-2007, 12:00 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats how the kit works. Some guys have used it with great success. You are correct though the n20 will get there first. you can hedge it off in the tune or if you were reall worried you could extend the distance from the noid to the start of the rail.
Old 06-22-2007, 12:35 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ShiznityZ28
Thats how the kit works. Some guys have used it with great success. You are correct though the n20 will get there first. you can hedge it off in the tune or if you were reall worried you could extend the distance from the noid to the start of the rail.
Extending the lentgh from the noid to the rail sounds to be like a good route. im really a fan of the Y distribution blocks, its just the price on this kit is DIRTY cheap!