Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitro Dave's 90mm Plate Install on LS2 TBSS?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 06:51 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Nitro Dave's 90mm Plate Install on LS2 TBSS?

Looking for some help and hoping someone has installed one of Nitro Dave's plates on a LS2 Trailblazer SS.

Couple of issues with install:
1. Throttle body is held on with 2 upper bolts but the bottom is held with two studs coming from intake which aren't long enough and don't look replaceable???

2. With plate installed, the nitrous connection fitting meets right up against some type of vacuum connection coming out of top of the intake (excuse my stupidity if it is not a vacuum connection) .... is there any way I can relocate this to not interfere???
***this issue has been solved, Nitro Dave's will relocate connection fittings to side of plate ..... awesome service by the way!***

Any help that you guys can provide would be greatly appreciated, the Nitro Dave's plate looks awesome and hopefully these issues can be solved and it works as good as it looks.

...I will try and post pics to help illustrate my problems

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a21...ne-nocover.jpg

Last edited by bbradyc5; 06-22-2007 at 10:49 AM.
Old 06-21-2007, 07:18 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Call Nitrous Outlet, they have the fix for the fittings. stud do not anything about them.
Old 06-22-2007, 01:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ended up having to get some longer bolts for all 4 holes, and removing the studs. Dave also had his machine shop move the inlets to the side due to the interference with the EVAP valve. He said he was going to make some new design for the trucks and TBSS, not sure if he has. Give him a call and tell him you talked to me (Steve)
I'll take some pics and show you what I mean..
Old 06-22-2007, 02:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Here is what Dave did to mine.
I am also using his GTO solenoid bracket which mounted on the pass. side head. I had to do some trimming to clear one of the A/C lines, but it fit pretty well otherwise. The fuel feed line that came in the kit was a hair too short, so I had to get one about 4" longer. Also used some LS1 valve cover bolts to bolt the throttle body on. Again, I had to cut a few threads off because they were too long, but the right thread, and I just had them lying around at the time.

Old 06-24-2007, 08:35 AM
Staging Lane

Thanks for the info, Nitro Dave's is going to relocate my connection fittings like yours. As for the studs, are they easy to remove from the intake?

Last edited by bbradyc5; 06-24-2007 at 09:16 PM.
Old 06-25-2007, 10:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

I've seen this plate apart. You really cant make the mounting holes much bigger due to the flow passages inside the plate. If you look at the holes, they almost spread 90*
Old 06-25-2007, 11:42 AM
Staging Lane

You mentioned that you replaced your studs with longer ones ... can you give me some more details? do the OEM ones thread out or are they press fitted? where did you get replacement studs or bolts that fit?

Thanks,
Ben
Old 06-25-2007, 02:18 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I had a customer call me last week that said he used our plate by fliping it upside down. He said it cleared great that way. I just thought I would share that with you.
Dave
Old 06-25-2007, 02:26 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
I had a customer call me last week that said he used our plate by fliping it upside down. He said it cleared great that way. I just thought I would share that with you.
Dave
Dave,

I think I will be all set once I get the plate back from you guys with the connections relocated to the side (passenger). I shipped the plate back to Chris today. From what I understand now, the upper two mounting studs that come from the intake on the TBSS's can be removed and you can use bolts instead which are the same size/thread as LS1 valve cover bolts (just not sure yet if they're M6 or M8 size). Once I get the plate back and mounted up, I'll give Chris at your place the details because he mentioned that you guys were going to make a unique part number for the Trailblazer SS guys because of the required side conneection fittings. And hopefully you'll be able to include the required bolts to replace the intake studs as well.

Thanks for your help,

Ben

Quick Reply: Nitro Dave's 90mm Plate Install on LS2 TBSS?