Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nano Testing

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 10:06 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Robert56
yea, all of our tracks around here stick closely to the NHRA rule book, as do most tracks across the country. They just haven't been busted yet.

Here's my answer. Keep your pressure at about 950, and you maintain a pretty constant pressure through out the run, and this is with pretty big shots. yes, still a little press lose, but minimal, imo.

Robert
Are they legal , does anyone really know????

what page in rule book?? thx fellas
Old 08-07-2007, 10:33 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by streetvet
Are they legal , does anyone really know????

what page in rule book?? thx fellas
Yes it is now legal as I said before, you can call nano directly and ask them if you don't believe me.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:00 PM
9 Second Club

yea, all of our tracks around here stick closely to the NHRA rule book, as do most tracks across the country. They just haven't been busted yet.

Here's my answer. Keep your pressure at about 950, and you maintain a pretty constant pressure through out the run, and this is with pretty big shots. yes, still a little press lose, but minimal, imo.

Robert
Robert....I don't know about that. We tune all of the cars that I have anything to do with from 900 to 950psi and even with a full bottle (not an over filled bottle) we loose pressure just in the 1/8 mile spraying a 350 shot. I went out last weekend and at the end of the track the gauge was at 825.....That is enough to go pretty rich on the big end. We can see it on the wideband and EGTs also. We put a nano on a formula and it made a huge differece as far as the dyno graph looked. Sprayed the car with no dyno and sprayed the car with the nano all in the same day with the same dry shot. Car picked up hp and tq and continued to climb without ever dropping off like it did without the nano....I am sure it is good for a couple of few MPH....I have talked with a very knowledgable guy who worked with NOS (making their kits what they are today) and he said that the nano is the ****......He really only works on outlaw 10.5 cars with ungodly amounts of nitrous and he says they really make up the difference and turn them into more like a turbo car. He is working with Nano right now to develope a kit for 1K worth of bottle on a Chevy II with a 700+ci motor for a buddy of mine.

I will eventually put the nano or equivalent on my car and I plan on spraying 600. BTW my dry kit is almost done, should be on the dyno this weekend.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GueSS Who
Robert....I don't know about that. We tune all of the cars that I have anything to do with from 900 to 950psi and even with a full bottle (not an over filled bottle) we loose pressure just in the 1/8 mile spraying a 350 shot. I went out last weekend and at the end of the track the gauge was at 825.....That is enough to go pretty rich on the big end. We can see it on the wideband and EGTs also. We put a nano on a formula and it made a huge differece as far as the dyno graph looked. Sprayed the car with no dyno and sprayed the car with the nano all in the same day with the same dry shot. Car picked up hp and tq and continued to climb without ever dropping off like it did without the nano....I am sure it is good for a couple of few MPH....I have talked with a very knowledgable guy who worked with NOS (making their kits what they are today) and he said that the nano is the ****......He really only works on outlaw 10.5 cars with ungodly amounts of nitrous and he says they really make up the difference and turn them into more like a turbo car. He is working with Nano right now to develope a kit for 1K worth of bottle on a Chevy II with a 700+ci motor for a buddy of mine.

I will eventually put the nano or equivalent on my car and I plan on spraying 600. BTW my dry kit is almost done, should be on the dyno this weekend.
What your looking at is 30lb's, it's the volume, not only a lower pressure, that allows a more linear pressure through out the run. I would love to run a push system, but NHRA does not like them for some reason, has this changed?

Us dry guys never have to worry about going rich, the a/f maintains commanded through out the run, regardless of bottle pressure.

For the guy who said it's legal. well I just read in the rule book, no push systems. If soemone has a rule book handy maybe they can find and print it, legal or not legal. I pretty sure it was a current rule book.

Robert
Old 08-07-2007, 11:49 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

For the guy who said it's legal. well I just read in the rule book, no push systems. If soemone has a rule book handy maybe they can find and print it, legal or not legal. I pretty sure it was a current rule book.

Robert
Call NHRA or NANO, it might not be in the last rule book, but it is NOW LEGAL. I run the nano along with others around here and went to the track when we tech'd in the guy's car who made this thread. Also others across the country are getting tech'd in fine with it now that it is legal, before they didn't pass tech, but now they can.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:00 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by skinnies
Call NHRA or NANO, it might not be in the last rule book, but it is NOW LEGAL. I run the nano along with others around here and went to the track when we tech'd in the guy's car who made this thread. Also others across the country are getting tech'd in fine with it now that it is legal, before they didn't pass tech, but now they can.
It's NOW LEGAL! The NANO kit works great been putting car lengths on people!Got 15lbs kit in my car! It takes off like a rocket! Only been beating once! Went out one night beat 3 f bodys one with a vortech super charger! Put 10 cars on him! Going to a 150hp next! Got a 125hp shot now! I love it! My hat is off to NANO GOOD PRODUCT! NANO P.O. BOX 3725' LAWRENCE,KS.66046! http://www.nanonitrous.com/http://s55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...evisedNANO.flv

Last edited by NONOS; 08-08-2007 at 10:06 PM.
Old 08-09-2007, 09:19 PM
Staging Lane

Nano works thats all i'll say. i'm testing it now and give it 2 its the next best thing since gold teeth came out. no bottle heater needed . a must if you spray imo.
Old 08-13-2007, 12:56 AM
10 Second Club

I just bought mine
Old 03-18-2008, 10:26 AM
11 Second Club

I am trying to put together a kit for cheaper. I will make a new thread after I build and test it. This will include EVERYTHING needed for a nitrogen push system. I just need to find a check valve with 1/8NPT male inlet and 1/8NPT female outlet and I can order everything.

Last edited by BADSZ28; 03-18-2008 at 02:30 PM.
Old 03-18-2008, 12:38 PM
TECH Veteran

Keep in mind that check valve is one of the most critical parts of the kit. It must flow good and cannot be a huge restriction or it will diminish the performance of the setup.
Old 03-18-2008, 02:31 PM
11 Second Club

I am having a hell of a time finding one that meets my needs.
Old 03-18-2008, 04:10 PM
TECH Addict

I plan on testing the NANO on the dyno and logging bottle pressure during the runs. It will be nice having 860 there as being a skeptic, he can point me in the direction of were to focus the test to satisfy em.

Should do it mid May, I've lucked out and get 45-60 days off, all I gotta do in that time frame is get the fill station going, finish wiring the system (rerouting wires), and head down 860's way to tune the car (play w/ COS5) and do the NANO testing, and maybe get my first runs (LOL or Run, as he points out) at NED.

Great to see the improved times on this test from the OP.

My test will be geared more towards the 100-175 shot guys.

You should be able to buy the NANO Check Valve, I got an extra one for a second bottle so I know they sell em, think it was under $50.

Last edited by Beer99C5; 03-18-2008 at 04:48 PM.
Old 03-18-2008, 04:46 PM
11 Second Club

What do they use for a check valve? What are the threads on each end and where do they put it?
Old 03-18-2008, 04:52 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by BADSZ28
What do they use for a check valve? What are the threads on each end and where do they put it?
On the bottle end its 1/8" NPT like most bottle accessories, not sure on the -AN fitting, gonna guess - 6 AN based on the pic below, looks bigger than the -4 Mainline, but I am not sure, LOL I am 9873 miles from my bottles so I can't measure it for ya.

Heres a pic of it.

Old 03-18-2008, 05:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BADSZ28
nitrous outlet has the checkvalves for $34 plus shipping. i didn't get mine with my nano kit so i can't say for sure what size it is. i should be getting my checkvalves by next week though. supposedly it fits into the guage port of a bottle so that should be 1/8 npt. Ray at nitrous outlet said something about a reducer fitting also so i think the checkvalve is 1/4 on one end that gets reduced to 1/8?, the other end where the hose from the nano bottle connects to the checkvalve is larger than a stadard nitrous bottle pressure out fitting. i'll try to check the size later tonight.
Old 03-18-2008, 09:08 PM
11 Second Club

Thanks guys! I looked on nitrous outlet page and did not see this.
Old 03-18-2008, 09:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

the hose end that connects to the checkvalve is 3/8 thread and is non npt,non 37 degree. forgot what that type of thread is called.
Old 03-19-2008, 11:21 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by caliswangin916
the hose end that connects to the checkvalve is 3/8 thread and is non npt,non 37 degree. forgot what that type of thread is called.
Can you post pics of it?

Quick Reply: Nano Testing