Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whats the best system?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 05:56 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats the best system?

There are alot of systems on the market to buy. Which is the best for the money? I just saw a 125hp dry kit from Harris for $269.00. Thats cheap horse power. All I want right now is around 125 hp. Who has the best and safest kit. I need to get into the 11 second club before it gets cold. Thanks
Old 08-13-2007, 09:25 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Heat Treat Pete
There are alot of systems on the market to buy. Which is the best for the money? I just saw a 125hp dry kit from Harris for $269.00. Thats cheap horse power. All I want right now is around 125 hp. Who has the best and safest kit. I need to get into the 11 second club before it gets cold. Thanks
Dynotune as well as others have cheap basic kits but I would not advise using just what comes with the kit. There are alot of safety stuff that should be ran with those kits as well as things like injectors and fuel pump especially if you are using a dry kit. Do a search on it and you will see what I mean. Educate yourself with a search and be expecting to pay alot more than $269.00 to do it right otherwise you will be one of the people that blow up their motor and give nitrous a bad name.
Old 08-13-2007, 09:43 PM
FormerVendor

What mods do you have? If bolt ons with a dry kit figure a 100 shot is safe, maybe a 125, but you'll have to log your injector duty cycle to see if your fuel system can support the 125 shot. You'll also want a colder set of spark plugs (NGK TR6s), RPM window switch, and a bottle heater to get the most out of the kit. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Matt
Old 08-14-2007, 08:50 AM
12 Second Club

Default Reply to Matt

Thanks for responding Matt. You asked the question what has been done to my motor and all I can say is I just bought the car from a bank. The last owner will not talk to me about the car. I do know that the motor was built by Speed inc. It has patriot heads,diamond pistons,cam,headers,Ls6 manifold,no cats. I'm taking the car on the 27Th to speed inc to put it on there chassis dyno. I hope i can get some information about what they did to the motor when i'm there. One more thing, the car had a nitrous kit on it. It was an NOS 01577. 125hp kit. I know it was on the car because the NOS fuel pump is still hooked up and I found the instructions in the glove box.
Old 08-14-2007, 09:39 AM
FormerVendor

When you take the car back see if they can tell you what size fuel injectors you have on her. It sounds like your fuel system might easily support a 125 dry shot.

Matt