Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NX stage 6...

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2007, 07:44 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NX stage 6...

Looking at getting this kit for my TA with a 383 stroker, carbed, 11.5:1 compression. Dont know if I should go with the standard stage 6 kit, or the Gemini twin stage 6 kit. What are the real differences in the plates?
Old 08-19-2007, 11:13 PM
TECH Regular

One sprays down the middle and the other is a perimeter style spray. To be honest...I'm not sure why they have so many different types of plates. Different power levels maybe but if you're really going to spray more than 300, you should be doing a fogger. I ran a stage 6 with spray bars and was happy. I've heard the Gemini Stage 6 hits very hard(good) with just their 100 shot tune but it gets very uneven after the 250hp level. SpeedTech's plate and foggers are supposed to be thee best on the market from what I've read.

I currently run a Zex perimiter plate at 150hp on a 396 stroker SBC, carbed, 11.5:1 comp....Their tune looks good so far and it's going to be damn close to 9's with just this 150 shot. 11.20's on motor. Goodluck!
Old 08-20-2007, 03:20 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by AutoRoc
One sprays down the middle and the other is a perimeter style spray. To be honest...I'm not sure why they have so many different types of plates. Different power levels maybe but if you're really going to spray more than 300, you should be doing a fogger. I ran a stage 6 with spray bars and was happy. I've heard the Gemini Stage 6 hits very hard(good) with just their 100 shot tune but it gets very uneven after the 250hp level. SpeedTech's plate and foggers are supposed to be thee best on the market from what I've read.

I currently run a Zex perimiter plate at 150hp on a 396 stroker SBC, carbed, 11.5:1 comp....Their tune looks good so far and it's going to be damn close to 9's with just this 150 shot. 11.20's on motor. Goodluck!
are you running the complete Zex kit or just the plate with a different noid/jet setup?
might be a dumb question, but i had to ask.
Old 08-20-2007, 06:48 PM
TECH Regular

LT1 NX Wet Kit converted to carb setup actually. I ran the Stage 6 plate and then now the Zex. Zex jetting for the plate also for now and the plugs look good at 150hp so far.
Old 08-20-2007, 08:13 PM
Staging Lane

thats good to hear.

I'm looking real hard at the Zex plate system. its also the cheapest plate system with a polished bottle actually and you say its a good injector plate to be using... only thing is the solenoids. I love the NX setup with lightning solenoids and im not to sure about the zex noids. They just dont look as nice, and i havnt really heard anything fantastic about them, but havnt heard anything bad yet either.... so i dont know. I'd like to stick with a complete kit. I dont like the idea of mixing one system with another's plate. Not that it wont work, I'm just weird.

I might just go with the NX Gemini Twin stage 6 becuase it's pretty much the same perimeter injector style plate as the Zex plate.
Old 08-21-2007, 06:09 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If you are running the Victor intake make sure you go with the Gemini twin stage 6. System part number 60040. We have found that this and the propower is the best flowing plate NX offers for that intake.
Let me know if I can help.
Dave

Quick Reply: NX stage 6...