Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous Express Setup ... what else will I need?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 09:32 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default Nitrous Express Setup ... what else will I need?

Looks like I'll be locally picking up a NX GM EFI Stage 1 wet kit with the GENX-2 accessory kit in the next day or two. Other than a Windows switch, switch panel, and guages, is there anything else necessary for the setup? Also, what's need to convert it to a dual nozzle system? Anybody with experience on these kits or from NX available to help?

Sorry to sound ignorant, but, I am when it comes to the world of nitrous ... noob here.
Old 08-27-2007, 09:55 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For window switch I would recommend the Trick Engineering Window Switch, both Dynotune and Nitrous Outlet sell them (Two stage w Gear Lockout).

Switch panels, Nitrous Outlet has some custom F -Body panels, and Harris Speed Works sells Jimmy Jam F-Body panels.

You want another Wet Nozzle for the same Stage, or you looking for a second "Stage"?
Old 08-27-2007, 11:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

do you need help installing it jack?
Old 08-28-2007, 05:24 AM
TECH Addict

Beer99C5 > Thanks for the info ... will likely go with the Trick Engineering Window Switch you're recommending ... pretty good price on it. I haven't had a chance to look at the switch panels yet. As for the nozzles, I want to go with dual nozzles in case one clogs or fails ... at least that would keep the flow going enough to keep from detonating.

Disturbed Bird > They're pretty simple to install ... just time consuming. I appreciate your offer to help and I may end up having a few questions for you. I'll probably just run the lines and install everything but the wiring. I'll leave that to Geoff or Mike. If it starts to look like I'm having trouble with anything, I may give you a call. Thanks again Josh .... when you gonna' take your bird to the track?
Old 08-28-2007, 07:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

in about two months im going to have NLP build me a new motor: LS7x warhawk block, callies crank, lunati rods, mahl pistons, trickflow 215 heads, vengeance racing custom cam 240/248 115 lsa, procharger F1, and it will prob. be on a 408 and deff. low compression. with that im installing a twin disk clutch. so in about 2 1/2 months but i dont mind racing on the street. and my goal is to put down 1000 RWHP and 1000 or so RWTQ or more
Old 08-28-2007, 09:29 AM
Chris@NitroDaves

Originally Posted by JEB99TA
Looks like I'll be locally picking up a NX GM EFI Stage 1 wet kit with the GENX-2 accessory kit in the next day or two. Other than a Windows switch, switch panel, and guages, is there anything else necessary for the setup? Also, what's need to convert it to a dual nozzle system? Anybody with experience on these kits or from NX available to help?

Sorry to sound ignorant, but, I am when it comes to the world of nitrous ... noob here.
Once you have the window switch and switch panel there really isn't much else you will need to have a complete system. You could either upgrade from a window switch to a progressive controller and get a remote bottle opener. To convert it to dual nozzle all you will need is an extra nozzle, nozzle adapter, 2 1/8th x -3 T's, and the extra nitrous and fuel lines. What else did you want to know about the system?

-Chris
Old 08-30-2007, 07:53 PM
TECH Addict

Thanks Chris. As you know, I orderd the timing tuner, switch plate and a couple other things, as you know. Thanks for the call today. I appreciate you informing me on the status of these things I ordered from you. I'll def be in touch in the near future ... more plans of expanding my setup soon.