Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dry Shot Nitrous Qustion

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2007 | 08:31 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dry Shot Nitrous Qustion

I have a 1997 corvtte coupe with a dry shot 1st stage and wet shot 2nd stage. I have seen on the data logger that timing has been pulled by the pcm when the IAT sees the cold nitrous come in..So my question is why do u need to pull timing on a dry shot if it already does it ?

Another question is that i still have my screen in the maf. If i remove it will the car run any different? Will i need to tune anything after removing it. I have rotaed the nitrous nozzle away from the maf to prevent freezing during spraying.
Old 09-11-2007 | 09:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mitymikec
I have a 1997 corvtte coupe with a dry shot 1st stage and wet shot 2nd stage. I have seen on the data logger that timing has been pulled by the pcm when the IAT sees the cold nitrous come in..So my question is why do u need to pull timing on a dry shot if it already does it ?

Another question is that i still have my screen in the maf. If i remove it will the car run any different? Will i need to tune anything after removing it. I have rotaed the nitrous nozzle away from the maf to prevent freezing during spraying.
You may have seen it pull timing that day and that run, but it can be not so dependable. The better way is the method in my web site, tried and true, it'll pull set amount everytime guranteed, and not affect n/a.

Take the screen out, you can (been lucky so far) freeze the screen, then condensation forms and pretty soon your choking your motor to death. I have heard of no issues pulling the screen out. I pulled my screen on my '97 for a dry hit and problemo none. Standard procedure with dry hits. good luck buddy.
Robert

Edit: oh yea, the IAT pulled no timing when I blew my LS6 (had accidently added some timing in tune, instead of pulling more for a big hit).
Old 09-11-2007 | 10:02 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Robert56
You may have seen it pull timing that day and that run, but it can be not so dependable. The better way is the method in my web site, tried and true, it'll pull set amount everytime guranteed, and not affect n/a.

Take the screen out, you can (been lucky so far) freeze the screen, then condensation forms and pretty soon your choking your motor to death. I have heard of no issues pulling the screen out. I pulled my screen on my '97 for a dry hit and problemo none. Standard procedure with dry hits. good luck buddy.
Robert

Edit: oh yea, the IAT pulled no timing when I blew my LS6 (had accidently added some timing in tune, instead of pulling more for a big hit).
Thanks for the info Robert..
Old 09-12-2007 | 04:50 PM
Staging Lane

What kinda timing are ppl running with a 175 crank HP dry shot?
Timing for dry shot 200 hp at the crank??

I will be using 110 octane fuel mixed in as well..
Old 09-12-2007 | 11:48 PM
Staging Lane

anyone wanna answer this one?