Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tips on NOS tuning w/150+ shot

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 12:17 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Tips on NOS tuning w/150+ shot

Any one have any advice on tuning for a 150+ shot. I am thinking of going from my current 125 shot up to 200-225 for sure next spring. I havent ever touched the timing, how does one do this? HP Tuner or equivalent? Any other way?
My AFR is low 12's what i remember, ill prly drop to high 11's for a 200 shot.
Any more tips?
I am running NGK TR-6's.
I dont know my comp ratio as i bout the engine as is...i think its 11.1:1.

Thanks in advance.

Oh...I have a NOS progressive controller as well.
Old 09-28-2007, 05:25 AM
Launching!

HOLY CRAP BATMAN. im sure you could get away with it for a while but eventualy be prepared for some new internals. if i were you i would go the 150 route and stick with it. But since you want to do 200+ i say go to a reputable tuner and let them work their magic. and by that i mean go to one of the site sponsors that are close so they can fine tune your setup. i believe your car would/ should benefit from a new tune regardless of upping the shot but if you do i think it is a must.
Old 09-28-2007, 06:01 AM
Staging Lane

If its progressive, I think you'll be ok.

There are lots of LT1/LS1 engines out there making over 600hp on the back end. (like mine)

Just run it a little fat, use all the fail safes, and have a bullet proof fuel system and I think you'll have no issues.

Change your fuel filter more often too.

Good luck, sounds cool!
Old 09-28-2007, 11:42 PM
Banned

if your going to spray 200 on a stock bottem end your going to float heads and eventually break bearings or worse.

better back way off the timing and save it for special occasions till you can forge it. use someones handheld tuner to drop a several degrees AND MAKE SURE YOU USE RACE GAS 104 or better

225 is pushing it especially with the cam etc, and stick with the 150 and maybe up it once in a blue moon when you know you have time to fix whatever gets burnt.