Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gym bag over bottle

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 04:26 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gym bag over bottle

So I am thinking about deleting my rear seats and mounting two bottles back there. Both 10lbs and one behind each seat. I am going to y them together in the back and run one line up to my one stage for now and then once I upgrade to a dual stage y off for the main feed line and go to the two seperate solenoids.

I already have a problem with drainage on the battery as it is and I am going to put a Optima battery in the car with a Racemaster 200 amp alternator and ditch the underdrive alternator pulley.

Now, if I run a heater on each bottle and then put a plain gym bag with maybe a bottle blanket over the bottles inside the gym bag, will that help keep my pressure up and help warm the bottles faster???
Old 10-08-2007, 05:42 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You shouldn't need to run all of that elecrtical stuff for a single kit. Do you have everything relayed the way it should be?
Old 10-08-2007, 05:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think something is wrong with your wiring too. there's no reason you should have any drainage issues at all with one kit...

As far as your question though, wool fleece sweaters scarves and sweaters will help keep them nice and toasty in conjuction to a bottle warmer. I think it's NX that makes a warmer that will keep your bottle aruond a certain pressure and automatically turn itself off. I'd look into that.

I've done the bottle in a bag trick. I used to have it jerry-rigged in my trunk so it'd be propped up in a backpack (worked great when I was still in high-school and people knew it) so you couldn't see **** except a bunch of school crap. haha. love it.
Old 10-09-2007, 09:13 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by jmill96Z
You shouldn't need to run all of that elecrtical stuff for a single kit. Do you have everything relayed the way it should be?
The only thing that isn't relayed is my purge. I put some aftermarket foglights on the car and at night with the AC on and the lights on with the bottle heater on, it will keep my volts kinda low. And I have underdrive pulleys on the car. I'm thinking about swapping out my alternator pulley for the stock one and trying that first to see if that will help any.
Old 10-10-2007, 07:12 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I thought when you got a UD pulley set the alternator pulley was a OD pulley?

Well hopefully I won't notice a electrical system strain when I install my nitrous setup then, never gave that much though. I still have the stock pulley on my alternator, the one that came in my kit is larger than my factory piece. Maybe its different for LS1 cars?
Old 10-11-2007, 09:13 AM
TECH Addict

The stock alternator pulley will be smaller because the smaller it is the faster the alternator will turn causing it to charge more.

I think I am just going to ditch the underdrive pulleys and put it back to factory.