Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stock timing be ok with a 100 shot?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2007, 10:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock timing be ok with a 100 shot?

Right now I have a pcm4less tune but I will be getting a dyno tune once the nitrous kit and everything is hooked up correctly.

I was going to have my timing retarded to stock (pretty sure the pcm4less tune has the timing higher) and run a 100 shot.

This will be a wet shot also. I will be switching to a step colder plug and running a walbro 255. Also I will be running a fpss, wot, and window switch.
Old 11-04-2007, 11:56 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pretty standard to ok stock timing with a 100 shot. The reason being is your cylinder pressures won't be that great on smaller hits, just use best gas and some tr6s. Yes I have run stock timing myself on more than one ride spraying.
Robert
Old 11-04-2007, 04:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks. I'd rather not retard the timing to far because I won't be spraying that often (or so I think).

I was off work today and didn't replace my pump. I'm to lazy...fuel pump swap isn't on my fun list thats for sure.
Old 11-05-2007, 07:22 AM
8 second mod

i run 28* in my cousins bolt on car stock fuel pump, but we run new fuel filters atleast 1 time a year, and we add fuel injector cleaner all the time to be sure everything is working right, but we have run 100 shot with no issues. the car runs faster with the 75 shot ET wise tho do to traction, so we have been running that for new bests, but we have a few things to do next year and im going to hit it with more spray see if we can go 10's on a 150 shot and never pulling the valve covers off
Old 11-07-2007, 01:31 PM
FormerVendor

Have it tuned with EFI Live custom operating system #5, then you can have your N/A tune maximized, and pull the timing and add fuel for nitrous at the flip of a switch.
Old 11-07-2007, 02:20 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AR15 guy
Thanks. I'd rather not retard the timing to far because I won't be spraying that often (or so I think).

I was off work today and didn't replace my pump. I'm to lazy...fuel pump swap isn't on my fun list thats for sure.
Originally Posted by Eurospec2
Have it tuned with EFI Live custom operating system #5, then you can have your N/A tune maximized, and pull the timing and add fuel for nitrous at the flip of a switch.
You could but you don't have to.

You won't run the same spark timing cells when on nitrous. Just lower the cells which you would run when on the bottle.

If .60 grams/cylinder is all your run on motor only just mess with the spark table for values greater than that.

Now if you are up for more the EFI-Live COS is a great product and fun to use.