Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

calibrating the FPSS

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2007, 08:20 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default calibrating the FPSS

I think my fpss is miscalibrated. It turns the kit off, but I never lean out, so fuel pressure should be fine. Anybody know how to recalibrate this thing?
Old 11-05-2007, 09:45 AM
On The Tree

You could hook it to a regulated air compressor and see when it switches. If it is the type I am thinking of, there is a round rubber plug on the top. You can pry it out and turn the adjustment screw.
Old 11-05-2007, 10:40 AM
Chris@NitroDaves

YOu will need two people for this unless you can get it by yourself.

1st - Make sure the bottle is turned OFF

2nd - Take the nozzle, nozzles or plate and take them off the car with the lines hooked up and put it into a bucket.

3rd - Acitvate the system weather it is via the WOT Switch, button or just taking the wires loose and hooking them to ground and touching the positive to activate the Fuel noid ( Dont hold it to positive ) for 6 sec intervals then stop and wait at least 30 sec's before the next 6 sec interval

3rd and 4th combined - While you have the fuel noid activated during the 6 sec interval you will to adjust the screw on the top of the FPSS. Repeat process untill you see the fuel coming out of the nozzle, nozzles or plate start to sputter. Once you see the sputtering you will need to turn the screw about a 1/4 to 1/2 a turn the opposite way and the FPSS should be set.

-Chris
Old 11-05-2007, 11:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Chris@NitroDaves
YOu will need two people for this unless you can get it by yourself.

1st - Make sure the bottle is turned OFF

2nd - Take the nozzle, nozzles or plate and take them off the car with the lines hooked up and put it into a bucket.

3rd - Acitvate the system weather it is via the WOT Switch, button or just taking the wires loose and hooking them to ground and touching the positive to activate the Fuel noid ( Dont hold it to positive ) for 6 sec intervals then stop and wait at least 30 sec's before the next 6 sec interval

3rd and 4th combined - While you have the fuel noid activated during the 6 sec interval you will to adjust the screw on the top of the FPSS. Repeat process untill you see the fuel coming out of the nozzle, nozzles or plate start to sputter. Once you see the sputtering you will need to turn the screw about a 1/4 to 1/2 a turn the opposite way and the FPSS should be set.

-Chris
Good post Chris!
That is exactly how I planned on doing mine once we get around to it.
I might try out the plate kit(since it's on the car), or I might just wait until we get the DP installed to have a bit of fun!
Old 11-05-2007, 12:53 PM
On The Tree

That is a good post, however, the kit always runs at first, my initial fuel pressure is enough to make it work, but some times at the upper end of the rpm the system turns off. I was assuming this was the fpss and that it was set just slightly too high. maybe not?
Old 11-05-2007, 02:40 PM
12 Second Club

I would say if you set it like chris said you should be fine. If that does not work then i would get a fuel pressure gauge and see if it is dropping under WOT. If it is you probably need a new fuel pump.