Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Changed nozzle position on dry kit

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2007, 07:51 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 350 Likes on 239 Posts

Default Changed nozzle position on dry kit

I had my nozzle coming in to the bottom of the neck of my airlid right before the maf but was spraying forward to keep it from hitting the maf directly under misinformation that it would freeze the maf even with out the screen. initially the engine was lean this way at 15/1 af so the tuner changed up the airfuel to 11.6 to one and the car made great power on the nitrous. at the time it was 428/409 motor and on a 75 shot went to 518/540 .

I broke my airlid trying to take the air filter out and the nitrous line was a bitch to move the lid around in this set up so WIth my new lid I decided to go through the filter and face it to the maf.
I was getting wide band readings of 11.2 spraying straight into the maf but it felt like it pulled a lot harder this way. Is that to rich and if so what is the best way to lean it out in EFI Live? or I could just turn my filter around which would position my nozzle further away and may that would do it.

Any recommendations would be helpfull.

I have been doing my own tuning for the last 6 months but am yet to find where to tune on the nitrous with a dry kit for air fuel. I have my timing pulled above what my engine pulls on its own in grams per cyl. .80 and up in low octane setting and above 1.0 in high octane .

I even pulled a little below that and found that the car picked up at the track on motor with less timing then the dyno made best power at.
Old 11-09-2007, 08:00 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you got EFI Live hit the EFI Live forum and search my post on COS 5
Old 11-09-2007, 09:20 AM
TECH Apprentice

Now would be a good time to quit tuning........haha
Old 11-09-2007, 06:41 PM
12 Second Club

I am not thinking the facing away from MAF was helping you any...
Towards that is awsome.. big difference on the HIT....
I cannot give too much information on the tuning side.. I get help from this site for mine.

But I know the tuning for N2O, on dry, you are wanting to mess with the WOT numbers.
for that is where you are hitting it... and spraying on the MAF.. that should be helping alot for the computer control of your air/fuel...
that is my 2 cents... literally.
Old 11-09-2007, 10:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

11.2 on a 75 shot is a tad rich, but won't hurt anything. Put your n/a a/f back closer to stock and you'll be fine. i am sure your tuner added to the wot fuel multipier which affects both n/a and sprayed a/f. with the better nozzle location you can lower your PE multipier.
Robert
Old 11-09-2007, 10:42 PM
TECH Junkie

I am seeing 12.8/1 on motor now and 11.2 on a 90 shot(.047 jet) on a lm1 wideband. I am happy where it is at on motor and the car felt real strong with it facing to the maf. If I go back up to a 125 shot(.055) would it go richer or lean out some if I leave the jet where it is at? If it gets richer I will turn my air filter around and move it further away from the maf. THat should lean it out some right?
Old 11-09-2007, 10:45 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by GS WS6
Now would be a good time to quit tuning........haha
Please explaine what you mean by that