Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

O2 Sensor bung help

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 01:40 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default O2 Sensor bung help

Ok so I'm getting into the mood on working on my nitrous setup some more but had some questions about getting my wideband sensor hooked up. I've got a stock exhaust (catback but that doesnt matter). Whats my best option for getting the wideband sensor put in? From what I gather I can replace the stock one but that includes a ton of wiring right? Any write ups on that? Is there a way to just weld in another sensor bung or is the pipe before the cats all cast iron? I tried looking up pics of the stock exhaust pre cat but couldnt find good enough shots. Looks like its all cast though. Anyone?
Old 12-19-2007, 01:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

What wideband are you using. They usually come with a bung to weld into your exhaust.
Old 12-19-2007, 02:17 PM
TECH Resident

I'm running a plx wideband. It didnt come with a bung but thats not a prob. My friend runs a shop and he said he could spot me one and get it welded in but my concern again is whether or not theres a place to weld one into. They have to go before the cats right? Isnt it all cast iron before the cats? If so can you weld into that?
Old 12-19-2007, 02:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

No there is a good section before the cats to weld to. Only the actual manifold is cast. I took a step bit and ran it until the hole was the same size as my o2 bung then just welded the bung on. I did it right above the factory hole.
Old 12-19-2007, 02:50 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by ls1_doc
No there is a good section before the cats to weld to. Only the actual manifold is cast. I took a step bit and ran it until the hole was the same size as my o2 bung then just welded the bung on. I did it right above the factory hole.
That would be the best way I would think...
Old 12-20-2007, 12:05 AM
TECH Resident

Sweet thanks for the info I'll have to see if I can squeeze in there. The part that you're refering to, I take it its a section of pipe in between the cat and the exhaust manifold? Does it come off easily? If so I can just mark it off, unbolt it and have my friend weld in the bung. Is it that easy or is there something I should look out for? Also which side should I put the O2 Sensor on?
Old 12-20-2007, 02:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

that would work and put it on the same side as the factory one.

Quick Reply: O2 Sensor bung help