Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please Critique my Fuel System Writeup

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 06:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Please Critique my Fuel System Writeup

Please check out the fuel system upgrading write up. I know the spelling is way off, as the spell checker won't hold the corrections for some reason. I didn't have time to stick it out and do the entire write up at one time, so likely it jumps around and may having missing information. Let me know if it makes sense and you can actually follow along. Thanks man, this really helps to have some of you proof read this stuff.
http://www.robertsnitrousservice.com/fuelsystemupgrades.htm
Robert

Last edited by Robert56; 02-21-2008 at 06:34 PM.
Old 02-21-2008, 06:23 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Silly Q maybe, but where is it?

-Eagle
Old 02-21-2008, 06:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Eagle02
Silly Q maybe, but where is it?

-Eagle
Oops, it's in my web site, however, I did add the direct link into the lead post.
Robert
Old 02-21-2008, 07:32 PM
TECH Addict

Alot to read but what I got through it was informative. Do you have any info on what injector for what power level? I know people running dry hits would like to know approximatly what injector works with what power level.
Old 02-21-2008, 07:32 PM
TECH Regular

I've been looking at a supplimental fuel system for my nitrous setup and within just a couple minutes of flipping through your write up in addition to seeing all pictures I can easily see what is all involved. My only gripe is that its very vehicle specific!

-Eagle
Old 02-21-2008, 09:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by jerrad
Alot to read but what I got through it was informative. Do you have any info on what injector for what power level? I know people running dry hits would like to know approximatly what injector works with what power level.
You must have missed the write up on injector sizing and scaling in the web site. All the math is there for getting a size injector per HP sought. then a how-to on getting them scaled in the PCM. Also, the write up for pulling timing with a dry hit. More coming on tuning a dry, stay tuned. Thanks for the positive acknowledgment.
Robert
Old 02-21-2008, 09:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Eagle02
I've been looking at a supplimental fuel system for my nitrous setup and within just a couple minutes of flipping through your write up in addition to seeing all pictures I can easily see what is all involved. My only gripe is that its very vehicle specific!

-Eagle
Not really, everything applies to the f-bods, GTO and trucks. You just need to figure out your specifics and mostly that is just the plumbing at the tank IE: where to put the return hose, and where to put the pick up bung. that reminds me, thanks, there is a kit to tap into the fuel fill for a universal return line, so your even covered there, as I think Jegs or Summit carries this adapter. All the rail stuff applies to all the cars. I have someone whom may give me a f-bod specific write up to help clarify the difference, as you suggest there is. I think they are pretty close if we think about it for a minute.
Robert

Trending Topics

Old 02-21-2008, 10:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Long time ls1.com member, first time poster here... Just came over to see if I could get some more technical info not available on ls1.com..

So my question is, you definetly do have to upgrade your fuel pump/injectors if your total HP is over 450?
Old 02-21-2008, 10:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by M-Ten
Long time ls1.com member, first time poster here... Just came over to see if I could get some more technical info not available on ls1.com..

So my question is, you definetly do have to upgrade your fuel pump/injectors if your total HP is over 450?
Yes/no? I made 480rwhp on my 28lb injectors and stock pump, however, was starting to go lean. So can you, well we don't know, but that level you will need to at least think about injectors and soon after fuel pump. Really the only way to tell is to log and see if you go lean and where your duty cycle is at, remember you can go over the 80% rule for a short 1/4 run. Fuel gauge can tell you much also, if you start out with a good pressure and a/f then start to go lean and/or drop pressure as the run progresses well then one or both need attention.

Eagle02, check it out again. I added some f-bod specific stuff, and will do a full write up of it as time allows.

Robert
Old 02-21-2008, 10:19 PM
TECH Addict

I actually have read that now that I actually looked at the side of the page. I've went to your site a few times to do some reading and snooping. Those formula's are super easy. Thanks for the page and write ups. I'm still being a Vag and haven't ordered a plate kit yet.
Old 02-22-2008, 01:48 AM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks good! You motivated me.

Shoot me your email and I'll shoot you this 4 page writeup.
Old 02-22-2008, 11:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by TheBlurLS1
Looks good! You motivated me.

Shoot me your email and I'll shoot you this 4 page writeup.
Cool,
weaver.robert@comcast.net
Robert