Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous Stutter??? Please Read

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2008, 12:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitrous Stutter??? Please Read

Is the only way I can explain it. Bottle is at 950 and when I shot the 100 it feels as though it stutters or surges...???

On a side note and might pertain to this, I hear a rattle inside my bottle ( yes its full ) Is it possible the pickup tube is loose and will this make the nitrous surge?? I am also noting a good amount of popping through the exhaust while on the bottle. Any possible causes for all of this?? Plugs looked good after last weekend. I will pull them all tonight and check again. Car runs fine otherwise.
Old 05-16-2008, 01:08 PM
Teching In

I was spraying last night and had popping coming from my exhaust and when I got home I noticed one of my wires was hanging on the end of the plug.... The rattle from your bottle doesn't sound normal at all..( thats probably your surging problem..)..hopefully someone that knows more will reply......
Old 05-16-2008, 02:39 PM
8 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

stand the bottle up and open the valve. Liquid nitrous should come out.
turn the bottle upside down and again open the valve, you
should only see gas.
You pretty much answered your own question when you stated there is "something" rattling around in your bottle. You know that can only be one thing.
Old 05-16-2008, 10:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

the number 1 and #3 plugs had the electrodes missing. Did a pressure test and all cyls are between 145 and 150. Replaced plugs and gapped to 32-34. Also the maf was covered in gunky-greasy oil. Most likely from the k&n filter. Funny though, I didn't throw any codes and the car seemed like it was running well. Sure could tell the difference however when I started the car after all was replaced. Here are the pics of the plugs:

1:

3:

Old 05-19-2008, 11:40 PM
Launching!

Put a colder plug in it.
Old 05-20-2008, 12:09 AM
10 Second Club

You need to relook your setup. I would not spray it again until I checked the timing, fuel, and the rattling in the bottle. If the pickup tube is loose in the bottle it would not cause the plug to burn off the tips. That is a fuel or timing problem. You may have gotten away with it this time but you will kill the motor eventually. How much timing are you pulling? I go with -2 degrees per 50hp shot. I have run 150hp shot on a TR6 with no problems at all so I don't think it is the plug.

Quick Reply: Nitrous Stutter??? Please Read