Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 nitrous solenoid help

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 03:13 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS1 nitrous solenoid help

Hey guys, I have a Dyno Tune nitrous kit and almost done hooking it up. Just have hit a few walls (first time installing a kit) However I was just wondering if any of you would mind sharing some photos of how you mounted your solenoids. Currently I am having issues with this as they are not lining up properly to get all the hoses mounted. Went as far as fabbing my own plate that sits across the passenger side coil packs. Just would like to get some ideas. My kit includes having a purge kit mounted to the nitrous solenoid as well as having the fpss mounted to the fuel solenoid. with all of this the noids aren't sitting properly to allow me to get the nozzle jet lines to the smooth bellow with out kinking the lines. any help is appreciated. I honestly don't know how you would mount the solenoids even to the bracket they give you. which is the standard bracket. with out interefering with any other line or even closing the hood.
Old 06-05-2008, 08:42 PM
TECH Addict

You might be alot better off mounting the FPSS on the fuel rail instead of the remote mounted fuel solenoid. Other than that the mounting is just astetics and personnal taste.
Old 06-06-2008, 02:53 PM
Launching!

did decide to do that, but had to buy that special lsx adaptor from dyno tune, as the rail is too fat for the adaptor they sent with the fpss. All in all its coming out nicely. If i can get pics I will once done.
and to answer any questions
my car is a 2002 Trans Am Firehawk NBM M6.
yes i bought a window switch.....heh.

Quick Reply: LS1 nitrous solenoid help