Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vic Jr or GMPP????

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2008, 11:17 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jmill96Z
The problem I have is that I would like to keep this within somewhat of a budget. Those accufabs are really nice, but outside the price range. I have some other issues, like lack of a dyno up here (well there is one, but not really available) and no shops to help me tune in SD. I figured the elbow would let me keep my current nitrous setup, and when I go big cubes in the future I could sell it and go with the accufab. It will also let me keep the lid, MAF, etc.
You can actually keep your maf if you use a carb hat with a 4" inlet.
Old 07-13-2008, 01:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Phil97SVT just ran 8.4 with the Wilson elbow.

I also run the 1 1/4" spacer on my Vic Jr for plenum tuning and the blow off plugs. Could prevent a burn down.

Edelbrock now has a couple egineered elbows with deflectors built in to help the air dynamics issues that the sheet metal elbows cause. However, on a sprayed car it's not as important but don't run one that's overly restrictive. I am having a spec'ed elbow made to work on the vette with stock TB and MAF locations allowing the CAI to work as per normal. Here's the DP Dry version, anyone else doing the DP Dry yet on one of single planes? A great street/strip set-up. I do have some pictures of the set-up plumbed all the way through to the CAI, but not on the computer yet.

Really the only benifit of going with the GMPP intake is the fact that it's a little shorter. Performance wise, I don't think on a sprayed car it would really amount to anything at all, a $5 jet does wonders, lol.

Old 07-14-2008, 11:24 AM
8 second mod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 3fingas
Your setup is silly sick. Love the Harness.. Have you ever run a DP on that?
thanks.
no, i never ran a dp on the carb style intake. i dont see myself hitting it with more then 200 or 250 right now.
id like to see the car run 8.50 with the new tranny/gear set up and im hoping to do it with 250 or less so the plate will work well.

508, thanks for the info, i need to look into that, im going to kill the son of a bitch who took it. lol