Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody back to back Plate vs Nozzle??

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 10:17 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anybody back to back Plate vs Nozzle??

Have a Harris Speed Works plate but have a NOS silver nozzle. Was wondering anyone do a back to back on nozzle vs plate?
Old 08-07-2008, 01:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Not sure what you mean, but I think Beer99C5 has done it.

Do you mean run a dual stage with a nozzle in front of the plate? If so, he's done it.

Do you mean back to back runs with the nozzle and then the plate to determine which is better? If so, he's done it.

99 FRC
Old 08-07-2008, 01:21 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 99FRC
Not sure what you mean, but I think Beer99C5 has done it.

Do you mean back to back runs with the nozzle and then the plate to determine which is better? If so, he's done it.

99 FRC
yes this is what I mean!
Old 08-07-2008, 03:37 PM
TECH Addict

Actually Dave did a very a good detailed post when he introduced his plate system. If I recall correctly he said the plate with the same jets netted about 3-5 HP more, not really a whole lot of difference, and I forget the size shot he was doing (I want to say 150). I am sure a call or PM he could tell you exactly what it was. I have searched for that post a couple of times recently and I think it is long gone. Pick a date 3-4 years ago, and keyword "plate" maybe it will show up on a good search day at this site.

Matt and his guys are pretty good as well, I would bet they did some nozzle vs their plate as well, again probably a quick call or PM to Matt would get the answer for their plate.

Probably better to do it w/ PM's or a call than to get them going on the boards about who's plate is better

My system I did a dual dry shot and and wet plate the same day and compared. I learned wet is way easier to set up out of the box. I was screwed on the dual dry nozzles because of my 99 stock injectors.

I am hoping to have some track times finally after three years of tinkering with mine end of OCT. I am taking the car to ECS for a drivetrain makeover in Sept, getting a small converter, RPM Stage 5 tranny, ZO6 rear and gears, a tune by Doug (we know he has FI down, lets see if he can work thaty COS5 thang too); I also have a smoothline Hardtop coming to get me by the vert rollbar; I plan on running in the 11.5 class at NED from time to time (H/C and a small shot should be easy?).

Jim
Old 08-07-2008, 03:54 PM
11 Second Club

Reason I asked is I had nozzle on car and put HSW plate on and seamed like car slowed down. Was not a few runs after that I broke snap ring in low gear clutches so I was wondering if anyone has tried it that way. I guess I will have to put it back on and see!

Quick Reply: Anybody back to back Plate vs Nozzle??