Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Looking at getting out of ca

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2012, 12:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't wana just sit here and talk about Longview tho. It's not the best town in wa. Everett is nice, as well as the surrounding areas. Olympia is another nice area. Just stay away from Bremerton, winlock. The coast is nice but only to visit, I would not wana live on the Washington coast. The oregon coast however is very nice
Old 09-12-2012, 09:14 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 02sslayer
Todd u have probly never even been to Longview lol
I've visited there on Google Maps plenty of times I went there for work all the time when I worked as a sales rep at a previous job.

Btw I DO live here, and I say it's not too bad. It's no different that any of the towns you mentioned. The reason I like it here is the location, it is close to everything that is important. It's a big enough town that it has most everything one needs. It's not so bad Todd, it is ever but ad good as any of tw towns u mentioned=)
Your drunk again if you think this statement in BOLD holds true. It's nothing like Corbett or Sandy.

Originally Posted by Mikey 97Z M6
I lived in Longview/Kelso area for about 9 months. That was plenty long enough for me lol...

Mike
Exactly
Old 09-12-2012, 10:07 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by tripblackls1
Hey guys I live in socal and im officially tired of being here, like to move into OR, or WA
But mainly OR And looking for a little advise
Ive never been to either state and plan on taking a trip soon

Some of my main reason for the move (other then our terrible gov) is that I hate the heat and want green scenery with rain/snow, I also prefer country style living (i don't care for the city)
Ive recently have got back into offroading and i'm considering selling my car before the move

I work in the solar industry but am a plumber and hydronics heating tradesman as well as mechanic but i'm all going to take this opportunity to go back to school

If you guys don't mind kinda giving me a heads up on things I would appreciate it
My wife and I really enjoy Stevenson, Washington. We are out in the sticks though with pretty much nothing but farmland all around. Hood River is kind of our escape back into relality area if and when we start feeling left out of the world.

Longview is a decent area. The Columbia river is right here and is good for boating or what have you. There are also good Rivera for tubing. Close to Portland, close to Seattle, the coast. It is an all around good central location. We are also right next to mt st Helen's. We have no emissions testing or requirements. Dirt bike tracks if you are into that and a list of other great things. This is in Washington but Oregon is just 5 minutes away. Which is good because u can get cheap cigs In Oregon so u get the best of both worlds
You probably had him sold with the cigarettes comment

Btw I DO live here, and I say it's not too bad. It's no different that any of the towns you mentioned. The reason I like it here is the location, it is close to everything that is important. It's a big enough town that it has most everything one needs. It's not so bad Todd, it is ever but ad good as any of tw towns u mentioned=)
You're lacking one key ingredient in your DNA ~Intelligence~
Old 09-12-2012, 05:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

My keyboard battling days are over. I am not gonna lower myself to name calling with you Gv8. Just quit acting like your 15 and making little insults from the safety of your living room. I'm sure you don't talk to people this way in person
Old 09-13-2012, 01:48 PM
TECH Regular

Received 104 Likes on 70 Posts

I've lived in Seattle downtown and loved it for a few years in college, but it was really not the place to have a car. I also lived in Tacoma/Federal Way and it was OK to have a car there lots of space but not such a great city IMO. I like Oregon better and i really like living on the west side of Portland. It isn't for everyone though, and if you want distinct seasons I'd recommend Eastern Oregon or Washington because the West side of the states is mostly rainy
Jess
Old 09-13-2012, 04:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

+2 on eastern wa/or. There are real summers and winters in those areas
Old 09-13-2012, 09:39 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by GreatV8
My wife and I really enjoy Stevenson, Washington. We are out in the sticks though with pretty much nothing but farmland all around. Hood River is kind of our escape back into relality area if and when we start feeling left out of the world.

You probably had him sold with the cigarettes comment

You're lacking one key ingredient in your DNA ~Intelligence~
Just because you have a personal problem with someone does not mean plug up the OP's thread with your douche bag comments. If you have a problem with someone take it to pm's or stfu.
Old 09-13-2012, 10:01 PM
On The Tree

Hahahaha. Well, at this point I'm sure you have more than enough knowledge to make a decent call, get settled in, and go from there. Good questions though. I'd say Yamhill County is personally my favorite. There's just "no work there". Otherwise , I'd be living there with my family. McMinnville is a very pretty and clean town. Lotsa money there too. They just aren't givin it up in jobs though. Let us know how it works out.
Old 09-25-2012, 08:25 PM
TECH Resident

Tri-Cities in eastern WA, moved here for a permanent home with my family from SoCal and have no regrets.
Old 09-26-2012, 10:02 PM
Teching In

Default Left California

I left in 2004 after 21 years in Northern Ca.
Couldn't stand it another minute
I was not from there originally
Kinda funny go back to Sierra Mountian every other year for Vacation-So Lake Tahoe, vacation only!

I chose Boise, Idaho
Todays high 83
High desert in town and 20 miles away mountains, ski resort
I really like it here, 8 years now

I got out at the right timne for Calif.
Bought my house in 1999 for $118K sold in 2004 for $315K

Just an opinion, 2 million people in whole state
22 wineries, 28 kinds of peaches, and the corn was 10 feet tall this year

Quick Reply: Looking at getting out of ca