Stuff on Craigslist

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2013, 12:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by krazzycowgirl
Hey the title is things on craigslist lol, it is on craigslist for 100 lol

I have bills to pay, with my husband having fibro his meds are costly
The only meds for fibro is the training at the gym btw. Herbs and vits are way cheaper and dont support the goverment zombie conspiracy. Just my .02.
Old 02-20-2013, 01:06 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got the impression that the intake was a freebie since it wasn't mentioned that it was actually on Craig's, with neither a link or an asking price.
Old 02-20-2013, 04:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by zlicious94
The only meds for fibro is the training at the gym btw. Herbs and vits are way cheaper and dont support the goverment zombie conspiracy. Just my .02.
when did you get a Medical degree????

I watch my husband day in & day out be in pain, to the point he can not hold silverware to feed himself sometimes & you are telling me to tell him the best meds are to go to the Gym?

Do you even know what Fibro is????

come on get with the program here, I have known my husband for 30+ years and have watched him go from a young engertic man to at 45 years of age barely walking at times, because hes in constant pain.

Hes loosing his jobs, NOT that he wants to. He just wants the pain to be over with.

& of course according to you I do not know **** about cars either. THANKS
Old 02-20-2013, 04:25 PM
Teching In

whoa
Old 02-20-2013, 04:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Im just tryin to give some help sorry to get ya all fired up. I have only been a personal trainer the last 12yrs and have had many clients with "fibro" and have taken them from a state where your husband is to back to feeling at least like they did before it completely sidelined them from life. So yeah, Im sorry about his situation but dr's and nurses are not very holistic these days and I just have a different point of view then them from the fitness side of all things medical.

Last edited by zlicious94; 02-20-2013 at 04:36 PM.
Old 02-20-2013, 04:58 PM

With all due respect, you obviously don't know anything about fibromyalgia. There is more research coming out all the time to show what is going on in fibromyalgia sufferers. One of the latest is that the hippocampus region of the brain is not releasing dopamine as a reaction to pain for us. Dopamine helps stop pain from growing more intense.

A few other tidbits that show that 'training at the gym' is not always an answer:
Fibro suffers usually do not experience a 'runner's high.' There seems to be a restriction in the release of endorphines.
Moderate exercise can lead to severe pain and may not fade until much later than normal people.
Flare-ups can happen at any time and can be a wide range of pain. I commonly deal with what feels like someone poured gas on me and lit a match.
Migraine headaches are often associated with fibromyalgia and can become debilitating.

The Veteran's Administration states that if fibromyalgia is automatically considered service related for Gulf War Veterans. The rate of veterans with fibro is double that of the civilian population.

This is a very real and painful condition. I would not wish it on my worst enemy.
Old 02-20-2013, 05:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Im just tryin to give some help sorry to get ya all fired up.
you are trying to give me some help by telling me that my husband is part of a conspiracy?????

thanks but no thanks, I do not need that type of help sorry
Old 02-20-2013, 05:09 PM

Im just tryin to give some help sorry to get ya all fired up. I have only been a personal trainer the last 12yrs and have had many clients with "fibro" and have taken them from a state where your husband is to back to feeling at least like they did before it completely sidelined them from life. So yeah, Im sorry about his situation but dr's and nurses are not very holistic these days and I just have a different point of view then them from the fitness side of all things medical.
An item of note is that some doctors will drop the diagnosis of fibro on a patient without proper testing. And yes, there is a test for it.
My medical team has worked with me on exercise, massage, diet, medication, and other factors.
We went through a 4 year search to eliminate everything. We checked on MS, carpel tunnel, arthritis (I have very minor), heart conditions, diabetes, and about everything else under the sun.

As for exercise and training, I can handle light to moderate exercise for short periods of time. Anything too strenuous can (and often does) set off migraine headaches. And I am not alone. I understand where you are coming from and I know that sometimes a personal trainer can be part of the answer but, you need to understand that you are not an expert on this condition. A GOOD doctor will examine all options and encourage a patient to try various treatments. I have been lucky to have such a doctor.

Please, understand that I am not offended by your idea of exercise and holistic treatments. It's just not always the answer.
Old 02-20-2013, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by *02WS6TURK*
Obviously all this went way over your head. Good luck with the sale.
Sorry, but I wouldn't interpret her post as a freebie for one simple reason. It was posted in a thread titled "Stuff on Craigslist."

Of course, I also don't expect people to just give me stuff either.
Old 02-20-2013, 05:25 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by zhawk
Sorry, but I wouldn't interpret her post as a freebie for one simple reason. It was posted in a thread titled "Stuff on Craigslist."

Of course, I also don't expect people to just give me stuff either.
This thread wasn't created for local members to post up for sale items. That's what the "Classifieds" is for....which this is not. Like I said and I'm not the only one that misinterpreted her statement, it sounded like she was offering it to anybody for free. This is really irrelevant and who are you anyways?
Old 02-20-2013, 05:49 PM

This thread wasn't created for local members to post up for sale items. That's what the "Classifieds" is for....which this is not. Like I said and I'm not the only one that misinterpreted her statement, it sounded like she was offering it to anybody for free. This is really irrelevant and who are you anyways?
Wow. Rude much?

She originally posted that as a joke. Maybe this isn't the place for that but, its such a minor thing. Seems you needed to be right to much. Otherwise, you would have had your say ONCE and dropped it. BTW, I can even see where you are coming from, can you see where I was?

As for who I am, what the heck does that matter? I have my opinion and am entitled to it the same as you.
Old 02-20-2013, 05:53 PM

To everyone I am not specifically replying to, I am sorry if I seem to be coming across as impolite. As far as I am concerned, I have had my say on the items discussed and unless challenged, this thread can go back to its original purpose.

Take care and have fun.
Old 02-20-2013, 05:59 PM
12 Second Club

How was that rude? Being your join date on Tech is today, your opinions mean nothing. If you can't express your thoughts under your real user name than take a hike buddy. How's that for rude?
Old 02-20-2013, 06:12 PM

How was that rude? Being your join date on Tech is today, your opinions mean nothing. If you can't express your thoughts under your real user name than take a hike buddy. How's that for rude?
Really? Yep, that's rude and shows an immaturity level that I wouldn't expect on a site like this. A ricer site, maybe.

Yep, my join date is today. So, flipping what? That doesn't mean I don't know anything. But, according to you, I must have been just born this morning.

This is my real username. I use it on other sites. You know, like Camaro5 for instance. I've had it for a long time. I just haven't posted here for a long time. So long it seems my original account is gone. Why did I start again? Well, I saw someone who had posted some erroneous information and wanted to let him know some facts. He seems to be mature and have accepted things. But, you just can't let crap go.

Again, to everyone else, I apologize for the tone of this post.
Old 02-20-2013, 06:32 PM
12 Second Club

Really? Yep, that's rude and shows an immaturity level that I wouldn't expect on a site like this. A ricer site, maybe.

Yep, my join date is today. So, flipping what? That doesn't mean I don't know anything. But, according to you, I must have been just born this morning.

This is my real username. I use it on other sites. You know, like Camaro5 for instance. I've had it for a long time. I just haven't posted here for a long time. So long it seems my original account is gone. Why did I start again? Well, I saw someone who had posted some erroneous information and wanted to let him know some facts. He seems to be mature and have accepted things. But, you just can't let crap go.

Again, to everyone else, I apologize for the tone of this post.
I do have a NOS sticker on my Bird...so I guess I do fall in the ricer category. Anyways, welcome to the site. Or should I say, back too.
Old 02-20-2013, 06:35 PM

I do have a NOS sticker on my Bird...so I guess I do fall in the ricer category. Anyways, welcome to the site. Or should I say, back too.
LOL. As long as you don't think it adds 50 HP, you're good.

Thanks for the welcome back.
Old 02-20-2013, 06:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Anyways.......not sure where this zhawk came from.

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/3627656517.html

Last edited by zlicious94; 02-20-2013 at 06:49 PM.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:23 PM

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/3627656517.html
Simple, I saw a post you made about a condition I suffer from that was erroneous in the extreme. I felt it important to make a correction.
I would hope that your professionalism as a trainer would ensure that you want what is best for your clients and you would not want to make things worse for them.

I ghost a few forums. I rarely post.

If you would like to discuss fibromyalgia in private, PM and I can point you to some of the research that may help you serve your clients better.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:35 PM
Teching In

Simple, I saw a post you made about a condition I suffer from that was erroneous in the extreme. I felt it important to make a correction.
I would hope that your professionalism as a trainer would ensure that you want what is best for your clients and you would not want to make things worse for them.

I ghost a few forums. I rarely post.

If you would like to discuss fibromyalgia in private, PM and I can point you to some of the research that may help you serve your clients better.
I'm a browser as well and don't post much. I can sympathize with your condition being my uncle suffered from this before his passing. To go on Turks comments about the intake being offered up, I thought the same exact thing he did. Free. He's a great member and helped me out a while back when my driveshaft took a dump. Nice fella.

Zlicious where do you personal train at? This all makes sense now. You are all muscle and no brains.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

He came from his mother like normal people

Quick Reply: Stuff on Craigslist