Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Help: sick wit it / local help

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2012 | 03:46 AM
On The Tree

Default Help: sick wit it / local help

I guess I Shouldv've stayed ol school. I need help with reprogramming an alarm , and now the monsoon is locked out. It all started when I did the autoshit "help" and tried new buttons on my alarm. That didn't work, so I disconnected the battery , hoping for a "superset" cuz the ****** dome lights stay on all the time since I just put the old stuff back together and checked all the connections. Basically, I can tell it's just out of synch. WTF?!. That whole hold down + and - bullshit for 7 seconds is not the answer. My car had no issues before cracking the dam key case, now the dome lights stay on always, and ****,,,, dammit , now ( i knew this would happen) i'm locked out of the monsoon. ****** really? I'm starting to really, really "get it" when an old ***** TA maniac i know said, "not my style". Any help I'm aboput to shoot this thing, I'm a amn of patience, but these cars are getting increasingly silly for my understanding. Lifes too short, might sell it and get my 78 back. Chris
Old 11-21-2012 | 10:23 AM
12 Second Club

Do you have the 4 digit lockout code to unlock the stereo? If not, you will have to go to a dealership and have them unlock it for you, which at the same time they will give you a new 4 digit code. This happened to mine after I swapped out the battery after I first bought the car. The dealership wanted $50.00 to unlock it.....luckily I knew one of the sales managers and they did it for free.
Old 11-21-2012 | 02:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast
15 Year Member

Not the same stereo but might work, try this link...
http://www.clubgp.com/newforum/tm.as...mode=1&smode=1

See if that can unlock the stereo. Somewhere there is a way to turn it off. If you have the owner's manual still I know it is written out in there or possibly look in the audio section of the forum, I'm sure someone has gone through it there.

As for the lights, sure there isn't a part way open door or the dimmer didn't didn't get by a knee on accident and force it to keep the lights on? Been there done that myself . Unless this is an aftermarket alarm it could have an issue that is causing the lights to stay on, but typically they are set for a time delay dim -> off.
Old 11-21-2012 | 07:46 PM
On The Tree

Thanks fellas, and I apologize for sounding a little nuaratic. ( had 2 crazy *** exes in my life it kinda rubbed off ) LOL.
The time delay seems way out of line, it takes 15 to 20 minutes to go off after arming the system, and the same delay after the car is running. When I innitially reset the system the rear hatch was slightly popped and I didn't know it. I believe that was the source of failure. I combed the threads and got fed up with the time consumption since I work and take courses fulltime. I might just give up due to time and let the "stealership" take my money.
Old 11-23-2012 | 12:53 PM
On The Tree

Ha! I went through a procedure and then called the 1800# and got the code. Then I disabled theft-lock. I also corrected the dome light issue by going through the procedure to program a new transmitter. Only one wierd thing now, not a biggie. I usually lock and arm with the inside lock switch and get 2 flashes from running lights and dash lights. Haha, the dash lights don't flash upon arming anymore. Whatever lol

Quick Reply: Help: sick wit it / local help