Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Washington State Needs Your HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2005, 11:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Washington State Needs Your HELP!!

Don Berry emailed this to my husband so I thought I would pass it on to you guys.

http://www.leg.wa.gov/pub/billinfo/2...Bills/5100.htm
The Washington State legislature has introduced a bill that would mimic the California Greenhouse bills. This is very bad news for automotive enthusiasts in this state.

CALL TO ACTION: Call 1-800-562-6000 and tell your legislator that you oppose Senate Bill 5100

Please distribute as widely as possible
More information…

http://www.ecy.wa.gov/programs/air/g...ase_cars04.pdf

Of course we cant let those Cali people dictate the way we live right???
Old 01-26-2005, 03:02 AM
12 Second Club

It doesn't say anywhere in there about current automobiles, if anything it'll just effect automobiles sold in the future as there's no way the state would force current vehicles to meet california emission or expect citizens to have to spend the money to retrofit their cars to meet it, they would most likely be grandfathered in. I think they need to focus more on the industrial side of emissions (plants, factories, etc) more than the automotive side.
Old 01-26-2005, 07:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

If ya know Don Talk to him hes part of the Car club Council for washington state.

Believe me Cali has already started with a bill that can & will force all cars over an age limit (say they decide its anything 89 & older) get destoryed. The Washington Car club Council (WCCC) stopped that bill last year from coming to life here in washington state. Those Damn tree huggers will not be happy until everyone is riding a bike to work.
Old 01-26-2005, 08:23 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

She is right. Cali is trying to Retro cars!

Get the people going!
Old 01-26-2005, 10:18 AM
TECH Regular

doesn't that bill say that all cars sold after 2010 must have turbochargers?
Old 01-26-2005, 11:04 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by krazzycowgirl
Believe me Cali has already started with a bill that can & will force all cars over an age limit (say they decide its anything 89 & older) get destoryed.
They can try all they want. Unless the state steps up to the plate and pays out of thier own pocket for these retro fits, it wont pass. IF for some reason this bill passed and they forced every car on the road that was 89 and older there would be a **** storm of a reaction from the public. Could you even fathom the amount of cars on the road that are pre 89 model year? This is another lame attempt at tree huggers to control people using "greenhouse gases" as a ******* excuse. The last bill that was shot down here in WA did have some help from the WCCC however, there was alot of common sense on the legislatures part of the reprocusions from the public (I know common sense and poloticians dont usually mix).

Edit: chances are that if something like this makes it through it will be on years prior to the mid 60's. And even in that case I am sure that waivers would be allowed for cars in "decent" condition. What they are targeting is the cars that have 1 bajillion miles on them that are still on the road that havent had a rebuild since they rolled off the factory line. They wont be targeting OBDI or OBDII.
Old 01-26-2005, 11:51 AM
Teching In

did anyone see the study that was realeased that says that car toxins are the reason that the earth has not had another ice age. It said something like without the gases the earth woul be 2/3rds or 3/4's covered with ice right now. Not that I believe any of the environmentalist nonsens especially when nothing has actually been proven and everything is based on theory, like global warming and oil is not a renuable resource, its all just guessing by overpaid scientists who don't like petrolium.

Quick Reply: Washington State Needs Your HELP!!