Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Other Hobbies?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2005, 03:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Other Hobbies?

Besides cars, what other hobbies does everyone have?

I used to be pretty much cars only. But for about the last 4 months now, I've gotten into mountain biking...which is a lot of fun.

Then I've also been trying to loose weight and get back in shape (to my college figure ) so we bought a pretty nice weight bench, so I've also been lifting and running. Since the beginning of the year I've lost about 10 pounds, and I've added weight to my lifting.

So lately excercising has been using up most of my free time, which isn't neccesarly a bad thing.

I am going to do some autocross this year too
Old 02-28-2005, 03:32 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I used to be a professional musician / vocalist... gigged for over a decade. I still play, but not very seriously.

I do an internet radio show twice a week... mainly hard rock but a little bit of everything from opera to speed metal. Tues 5-9pm PST, and Friday 8-10pm PST, on http://www.headcaseradio.com

I also hike, ski, collect wine, taste lots of microbrews and I am really into photography...
Old 02-28-2005, 03:35 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Let's see... besides my car, what other hobbies do I have...

I like sports, specifically football and basketball, but I can watch just about anything that's considered a team sport. My wife hates it when we go out to eat somewhere, and the place we eat at has a TV on the ceiling, and there's some sporting event on... doesn't matter if it's football, baseball, hockey, NASCAR, cricket, shuffleboard, whatever... my attention is immediately diverted.

I also like food and beer, a little too much... which is why I need to shed some pounds.

I also like to go shooting... but that's an expensive hobby, just like my car, and I choose going fast over shooting, so that's where my money goes.
Old 02-28-2005, 03:49 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I used to be heavily into 1/10 scale RC cars. My friend turned me onto these little guys. http://www.xmodsrc.com/home/ They're 1/28th scale cars called XMODS and they're heavily addictive. I have one with a modified ZR1 corvette body lol... Pretty cheap to get into and lot's of upgradable parts to make them much, much faster than stock.

I've also been hitting the gym pretty hard the last 6 weeks or so. My wife and I have been working out about 5 or 6 nights a week. Shooting for a lean 225# by June so I got my work cut out for me.

I used to be into archery long ago and I've been thinking about getting back into that.

Mike
Old 02-28-2005, 03:50 PM
TECH Addict

Ping Pong. I love this sport because I have always had a natural nack at it and it gets pretty intense up here at college where there are many people who are extremely good. Definately one of my favorite sports.

Ice Skating. I used to play hockey and I still love to get out on the ice and just skate around.

Working out. Not much to say for this one, I gotta do this because I am small.

Shooting. I love target shooting, especially rifles. I'm pretty good at this sport as well and that is one of the reason's I like it. It really isn't that expensive if you just go out into the middle of nowhere and shoot instead of going to a gun range.

Building creative things and inventions.. Like my very unique potato cannon that I know a few of you guys have seen.

Art. My mom is an artist and so I pretty much grew up drawing and stuff. I really like doing pencil drawings a lot and I am also pretty good at it.

FISHING! Oh yeah, I LOVE to fish. I like lake fishing the most but during the summer I used to be down at the Edmonds pier about 4 days per week. I don't get down there as often anymore, damn work!
Old 02-28-2005, 04:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

I used to have a ton of hobbies. I used to shoot IPSC competitions on a weekly basis along with 3 gun comps. I also spent a TON of time fishing. Since being married and kids came its now down to pretty much Poker and the car (when funds allow).
Old 02-28-2005, 04:07 PM
12 Second Club

Shooting mostly handguns.

Photography: http://www.sccow.com/joshphoto/

Photoshop/Multimedia/Video Editing.

Tryin to keep workin out lol.

Computers.

Girls
Old 02-28-2005, 04:08 PM
TECH Regular

What!!!! Their is something besides cars??

Actually this last year I've gotten more into the sport bikes (another speed related hobbie), I've also got a gas powered RC car.
Old 02-28-2005, 04:39 PM
12 Second Club

Great Thread this will be a fun thread.

I race motorcross with my sons. I haven't raced much lately I'm 47 and seems like you race a little, limp alot. We have alot of fun and have created some great memories.
Old 02-28-2005, 04:54 PM
10 Second Club

I am off and on with hobbies, they come and go about as fast as camshafts with me. Used to be big into paintball, before that r/c planes, before that guns. But now i just am into cars, and shooting. Nothing better than getting fed up working on the car and then going out a blowing **** up with a 7 mag
Old 02-28-2005, 05:48 PM
10 Second Club

My main 'hobby' is martial arts. Been doing it for the last 15 years.

Next comes lusting after Hooter girls...ahem, I mean carpentry. I love to build / remodel ****.

We used to have a Jet Ski & camper & we were gone every month to somewhere. Now I have a race car so there aint no time for that stuff anymore.

I love to hike & ride bikes, but again haven't had much time lately.

And I also like to shoot....targets, animals, dumbshits on I 5.

Just sold my Browning 7mm Automag. Still got some others tho.
Old 02-28-2005, 05:55 PM
TECH Veteran

Hmmm... looks like a lot of us actually like to shoot. Maybe we should all go to a range (indoor or outdoor) or someplace legal in the outdoors and go do that?
Old 02-28-2005, 06:06 PM
12 Second Club

Sounds like a plan to me... I'll be picking up a Springfield Armory XD .40 in the next few months
Old 02-28-2005, 07:25 PM
Tech Addict

Speaking of guns, funny thing me and my wife use to own a S & W 9mm STAINLESS but sold it, guess that potiental polishing thing may of been there 10yrs ago, lol. In Ohio you could pull up in state parks and shoot away at the ranges there.

My son has a nice mountain bike and so do I but I need to get back in shape and use it. The Iron Horse trail is the best trail I have ever been on off I-90.

Well lets see, sold our gun 9long time ago), sold our 30 ft boat last year, stopped fishing, barely ride my mountain bike anymore (out of shape), have 3 RC cars, was a little involved with my kids racing at the track on state street in Marysville...stopped that.

Have two Waverunners that me & the family use fairly often, I have a White's metal detector I love using but the PNW is so virgin nothing even beeps. I do like metal detecting. I like polishing. I would like to be more involved with taking pictures of cars with my digital camera, I just enjoy donig that.
Old 02-28-2005, 08:15 PM
Staging Lane

Old 02-28-2005, 08:49 PM
TECH Junkie

Hmmmm lets see I like to drive around in my Corvette and go to the same Starbucks every day and order the same thing, flirt with the same girl eventhough I wouldn't DREAM of going any further (ok a few Day dreams). I come home walk my Boxer ten times a day. I spend alot of time screwing off on the internets, I work from home through VPN so I kinda have the cave thing going on.

As Mikey's wife likes to point out I USED to work out but have a hard time getting into the habit again. So rambling on I'm pretty obsessive and pretty much think cars all day long. I even think about fixing up my truck and look for deals on it all day long. So with obsessing about cars and walking the dog I really don't have time for any other hobbies
Old 02-28-2005, 09:57 PM
Launching!

I use to be in to R/c cars with my dad. we raced in marysville. I have been in sports my life (basketball,football) I am looking to join more b-ball leagues if you know of any let me know.
Old 02-28-2005, 10:30 PM
10 Second Club

I would be up for a gun shoot sometime, I have been meaning to try out my ar-15 for while now.
Old 02-28-2005, 11:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
My main 'hobby' is martial arts. Been doing it for the last 15 years.
My Son is in to the Martial arts stuff this year. He's taking a year off of Little league & doing Tang Soo Do. While mommy sits back & watches him kick some butt.

I am in to the Horses I try to ride when ever I can but between work & Car club stuff, Hauling the kids back & forth to their things I dont have time any more. But I still get to play with them when I am at the farm working ( I currently work two jobs One at a hospital lugging laundry carts around & the other one cleaning horse stalls)

But I like relaxing & going fishing when ever I can too, Maybe thats why I live next to a private lake????
Old 02-28-2005, 11:41 PM
TECH Addict

I used to be into modle airplanes. I used to build fantastic diaramas (if I do say so myself). Now I am into food (cooking and eating - those of you who have see me can you tell?) I also used to be heavily into weight lifting (no pun intended) when I played football for Juanita HS when they ruled the Pacific North West. Now it seems to be that most of my time is spent designing websites and cooking when I am not thinking about the Trans Am. I have a 1974 Honda XL175 motorcycle in my garage that I used to ride on and off road. It needs to be fixed up in the worst way. I have all the manuals but I just don't know how to go about doing the work to it. They don't allow me to have a gun anymore. Funny, but I never really wanted one until they told me I couldn't have it.

Quick Reply: Other Hobbies?