Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Question for HP Experts

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2005, 12:15 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HMM well if it was running that well before tearing it down and you are on that kind of budget why not just slap the heads back on the fixed shortblock and call it day. You can alway upgrade the heads later and you have posted some pretty impressive numbers for a 3rd gen. With this weather get the car back on the road and have fun

WTF kinda computer work was "Bloods" doing for a freaking G??
Old 03-04-2005, 12:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ram-it
Oh yes you can use Vortec heads on the L98. You have to get a new base plate which Scoggin Dickey makes. With the Vortec heads and new base plate will out perform damn near any other combo out there for the same dollars.
I can NOT use Vortec heads with the Stealth ram
Old 03-04-2005, 12:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

I did not say anything about the Stealth system but they do work with the TPI.

http://www.sdpc2000.com/catalog/2172...ke-Headers.htm
Old 03-04-2005, 12:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Okay, I went back and re-read a couple of items and its now apparent to me that you have the intake and headers that you are trying to accommodate. Sorry for the diversion.
Old 03-04-2005, 12:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 93TAWicked1
HMM well if it was running that well before tearing it down and you are on that kind of budget why not just slap the heads back on the fixed shortblock and call it day. You can alway upgrade the heads later and you have posted some pretty impressive numbers for a 3rd gen. With this weather get the car back on the road and have fun

WTF kinda computer work was "Bloods" doing for a freaking G??
Burning a new chip through them is 800 plus the dyno time. But other problems came up, a hole in the header flang (in the weld) (so much for taking it to a discount place to get the headers & rest of it installed), Wires fried to heck & back & a few other ones that had to be fixed before they could even think about doing the chip =ing up to about 1885 Plus 80 for the trailer & gas money.

The whole plan was to get this car running great again that way I wouldnt worry about it breaking down on me & I could give my truck a rest (have already put well over 10k miles on it in 5 months) & to pay off bills that way this fall I can start working towards my MBA with a back ground in Automotive Tech (that way No one would look at me like I am a Dumb Lazy no good for nothing), That way I could go to work for GM
Old 03-04-2005, 12:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ram-it
Okay, I went back and re-read a couple of items and its now apparent to me that you have the intake and headers that you are trying to accommodate. Sorry for the diversion.
Its ok. lol Really its ok
Old 03-04-2005, 12:29 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Thank you guys for finaly reading the whole post.

This is why we have problems from time to time
Old 03-04-2005, 12:45 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
Thank you guys for finaly reading the whole post.

This is why we have problems from time to time
No problem I was asking a question, I didn't want to pick up an LT1 setup and realize my exaust manifolds wouldn't fit? Which now thinking about the angle plug setup they still may not......see I learned something I don't see where in my post I was questioning you.

Plus I probably wouldn't have remembered at the time LT1's were angle plugs which is stupid because if you asked me out of context I'd know....I never claimed I was all dat bright

I wasn't talking about cowgirls headers I was just wondering if the average SBC manifold fit an LT1. I know it will bolt onto the head.
Old 03-04-2005, 01:13 AM
10 Second Club

if i were you and i'm not and was looking for the best setup for my money, i would have sold all the parts you have for that tbi, and just built a small block and gone back to a carb. by the time you add evrything up for the tunnig and exrything else you could have a pretty stout small block ans still be very strettable. I have a small block 400 sitting out in the garage that i have about 4200 in complete, that should make about 400+hp and 400+tq to the wheels, with a real mild cam.

listen to elis about heads, dont skimp on heads! And their are alot better products out their besides edelbrock.

Like i said before this is just my opinion, and since i seem to do pretty well with my 10 second daily driver it should qualify me to offer it.

One more thing its more in the setup than in the price of of parts. Talk to some real engine shops, that deal in race motors, and get some other opinions, no offense to anyone here. 99% of these guys know their ****. Really listen to what elis and eric have to say.

I guess what I am saying is don't just settle on building a motor around what you have, in the long run it will bite you in the ***, trust me.
Old 03-04-2005, 01:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Britco engines race at Bremerton raceways & Pacific In the pro stock races. I think one of the guys knows Ellis at least when I said thats who I was going to have do my tranny he told me to tell the long hair hippy he said hi lol.

They also race at Tenino raceways & a few of the other ones as well.
Old 03-04-2005, 08:33 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 93TAWicked1
No problem I was asking a question, I didn't want to pick up an LT1 setup and realize my exaust manifolds wouldn't fit? Which now thinking about the angle plug setup they still may not......see I learned something I don't see where in my post I was questioning you.

Plus I probably wouldn't have remembered at the time LT1's were angle plugs which is stupid because if you asked me out of context I'd know....I never claimed I was all dat bright

I wasn't talking about cowgirls headers I was just wondering if the average SBC manifold fit an LT1. I know it will bolt onto the head.

Hehehe I was really not trying to pint fingers other then to point out that this is why we argue from time to time I am as guilty as any. This is a comunicaion mediem and some times we forget to read the part that comunicates

ALL of the advice that was given was good advise but some of it was just not given in the context that Tammy needed

BTW the ports are actually in slightly different spots. Most will bolt on but block part of the ports

Quick Reply: Question for HP Experts