Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2005, 01:52 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is what Cam Motion recommended for my setup:

RECOMMENDATION
Grind Number X2203-2243-12+4
Duration (intake/exaust) 227/231
Lift (intake/exaust) .563 (1.8)/.561 (1.8)
Lobe Center Separation 112
Intake Centerline 108
Comments
Price US$385.00 + SHIPPING

That would increase my lift by about .010, and the duration by about 10 also. Not sure what the centerline is on a Hot Cam, but it does have a 112 LSA. Anyway, it's clear from their thinking I can get a little more agressive for my setup & what I do with the car. So I might just swap the bump stick & see what happens.
Old 05-14-2005, 03:13 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Rokko
I could give a rats *** what it says in my description. Since it's one of the larger ones on the site. All I care about is peace of mind, reliability and HP.

I agree 100% with you on this. The heads I bought have the titanium retainers and dual springs. The thing has to last, otherwise what's the point.
Old 05-14-2005, 08:22 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Yep once again, I was trying to save the person some money. I should have known better. Comp 918's and stock retainers would work absolutley fine in this application and there isnt one person here who can factualy state otherwise. IF your running a hotcam you can do much better for yourself... much better
Old 05-14-2005, 09:20 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 99blancoSS
Yep once again, I was trying to save the person some money. I should have known better. Comp 918's and stock retainers would work absolutley fine in this application and there isnt one person here who can factualy state otherwise. IF your running a hotcam you can do much better for yourself... much better

The all mighty Blanco has spoken, you know you are actually CORRECT, but so is everyone else here. "The name of the topic wasn't "Blanco please save me some money."

Yes the lame ***, asscake that can afford to blow his money on a Z06 and a Z28 vert, when his freakin SOM WS6 with Fikse's (TALK ABOUT BLOWING MONEY) was FASTER, has spoken. God I'm a asscake.
Old 05-14-2005, 10:21 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 93TAWicked1
The all mighty Blanco has spoken, you know you are actually CORRECT, but so is everyone else here. "The name of the topic wasn't "Blanco please save me some money."

Yes the lame ***, asscake that can afford to blow his money on a Z06 and a Z28 vert, when his freakin SOM WS6 with Fikse's (TALK ABOUT BLOWING MONEY) was FASTER, has spoken. God I'm a asscake.
If you want to keep pissing with me like and ex-girlfriend just pm me, leave the rest of them out of it.
Old 05-15-2005, 12:55 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by 99blancoSS
Yes, they would work fine. But, why not install titanium retainers with all their benefits and make the motor rev a bit higher and easier? Hell, the car in showroom stock condition works fine. And who says I wont change the cam to a larger grind? Maybe one with a lift number you deem worthy of titanium retainers? Then I wouldn't have to mess with the upper valve train.

Your comments come off very negative. Like if it's not your way it's wrong.
Old 05-15-2005, 01:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

FYI, Chevy saw fit to put titanium retainers on the LS6 and it only has .550 lift. They must know something. Plus, I know Rick will be spinning way higher than the 6k rpms Blanco stated. Its not like this is a huge investment plus they will last forever.
Old 05-15-2005, 12:14 PM
Banned

OK for the last time for those who seem to be unable to understand. I was trying to save rokko a little bit of money. Thats it. I was under the wrong impression of what he was doing. Thats it. Can you let it ******* drop now, or do you really feel a need to pile on? If so I will gladly meet anyone of you to discuss this in person. I didnt appreaciate the way some of the responses cam across to me so I reacted accordingly. Is my way the only way of couse not. IF my opinion comes across strong thats just the way I am, but I can be reasoned with. Just not with sarcasm, then you'll get what you give. Rokko I sent you an appology but apparently that wasnt good enough for you as you felt the need to repost after I already cleared my intentions up with you. DO I think titanium retainers are a waste No I dont. How many ******* times do I have to say it was about the money? And it goes into the every little bit helps routine. Thats all. Really thats ******* all there was to it. SO for the last time it was about money, didnt know what he was really doing next person pleaase try and read what I wrote and then dont add another useless comment.
Old 05-15-2005, 12:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Your going to make a lot of friends around here acting like this. Most of us have know each other for sometime and even have family get togethers. With that you will always have others come in on their side especially since they know that individuals intentions. No one here that I know of knows you and do not appreciate your strong words. Yeah, we get in heated debates here (try Ellis one good time) but we know each other and can jokingly tell the other to F.O. Suggesting personal meetings to discuss things could prove harmful to you when you don't know these people personally. I think it would be wise for you to try to get off to a fresh start again so we can all learn from each other. Oh yeah, and I have been told I come across strong on here too. I guess its my nature.
Old 05-15-2005, 12:42 PM
Banned

Once again some assfuck doesn’t read my previous post and has to add her 2 cents. I apologized. That should be the end of it. I was wrong I admitted it. Piling on by little bitch friends isn’t getting us anywhere. I even sent rokko a nice apology. Please let it be over before I'm coerced into really letting go..
I've actualy been relatively calm, but now its getting just plain stupid.
In case you people dont know how or what it looks like I'll make it simple. Here a recap of my previous posts:
I was wrong and admitted it.
I emailed rokko an appology.
I explained what I thought was a concernn which was wrong.
I was wrong admitted appologized and tried to move. Ok I think that about covers it. If that isnt good enough then you know where to reach me on pm and we can discuss it further.

Last edited by 99blancoSS; 05-15-2005 at 12:51 PM.
Old 05-15-2005, 12:50 PM
TECH Addict

Just take a deep breath, don't post for an hour, and CALM down. Too much anger here over a mild mis-understanding IMO. Nothing wrong with somebody trying to save somebody else a buck, and nothing wrong with somebody spending a few extra bucks on parts they don't strictly need just to ensure a bullet proof valve train.

Ellis ... uhh yeah CC spring recommendations are out to friggen' lunch, and so are Edelbrocks. On my 3rd set now and I finally got it right by just using my own common sense and ordering what "seemed" about right

EDIT: 2 slightly used sets of BBC springs for sale
Old 05-15-2005, 12:53 PM
10 Second Club

How did we go from discussing cam grinds to calling people out? Geez, take a breath will ya?! And coming from a guy that knows how to mix it up, I'd be worried if a couple of these guys responded with an offer to punch your ticket.....better bring a medic!

Anyway, I found it intereseting that Cam Motion would prescribe something that looks on the spec sheet a lot like my Hot Cam with the 1.8s, only a tad bigger. That tells me I'm on the right track, but that I might be able wring a little more out of my cam-only setup. WITHOUT ripping out my interior sardog!!!

And I have thought about your suggestions for degreeing the cam dog, but that requires pulling the oil pump. I would do just about anything to avoid that task again. So IF I make a change, it will probably be to a new grind. I am VERY happy with the results I've gotten from the Hot Cam, but if I can pick up a little more top end, then maybe I can run my 11. But I'd like to throw a Mez water pump on at the same time, so now we're talking a grand....which means it will wait til next year.

PS When you bringing that bad boy out Bill?
Old 05-15-2005, 12:54 PM
10 Second Club

SO is it good to go now bill? Mybe , before i leave i will get to see that beast break into the 11's, That would be nice.
Old 05-15-2005, 12:57 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
How did we go from discussing cam grinds to calling people out? Geez, take a breath will ya?! And coming from a guy that knows how to mix it up, I'd be worried if a couple of these guys responded with an offer to punch your ticket.....better bring a medic!

Anyway, I found it intereseting that Cam Motion would prescribe something that looks on the spec sheet a lot like my Hot Cam with the 1.8s, only a tad bigger. That tells me I'm on the right track, but that I might be able wring a little more out of my cam-only setup. WITHOUT ripping out my interior sardog!!!

And I have thought about your suggestions for degreeing the cam dog, but that requires pulling the oil pump. I would do just about anything to avoid that task again. So IF I make a change, it will probably be to a new grind. I am VERY happy with the results I've gotten from the Hot Cam, but if I can pick up a little more top end, then maybe I can run my 11. But I'd like to throw a Mez water pump on at the same time, so now we're talking a grand....which means it will wait til next year.

PS When you bringing that bad boy out Bill?

It's not that hard mark, we could have it done in a couple of hours.......Well that depends on how much beer we drink

I defenatly think it would be worth it just to advance it. I think that will give you what your looking for.
Old 05-15-2005, 12:58 PM
Banned

Ok wahusker thankx for the advice. I'll take my 6'3" 270 lb girlish figure chances. Jesus even after racehead posted some good sense some ******* just has to ad a little more fuel... typical...
Old 05-15-2005, 01:02 PM
10 Second Club

The bigger they are the harder they fall

Now if you can read the last few post's we tried to get this topic back on track but. now it is just you who can't let it go.
Old 05-15-2005, 01:05 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by sardog46
The bigger they are the harder they fall

Now if you can read the last few post's we tried to get this topic back on track but. now it is just you who can't let it go.

I'd be worried if a couple of these guys responded with an offer to punch your ticket.....better bring a medic! --- this is not topic this is JAFA
The bigger they are the harder they fall --- another JAFA
but you say its me that cant let it go.... ok you win
honestly if someone has something to say to me then pm me. This forum is not for public bitching but I will answer anyone who pm's me.
Old 05-15-2005, 01:08 PM
10 Second Club

Ok so anyway, What made you go with the 224 cam?
Old 05-15-2005, 01:14 PM
10 Second Club

Coming from a guy that is telling me that I can do better than a Hot Cam, when I am putting over 20hp more to the wheels than you (& I have an A4!), tell me, why should I listen to anything you have to say? Are you running 11s? And as many others said, most of us know each other well enough to flip ****. The only one here that sounded like they knew you was Bobby. And his repsonse was out of character.....it's hard to get him going. So I figured it was time to say cool it (in my way) & let's get back to the cam topic. And then you come back & start calling people ********. **** OFF pal.
Old 05-15-2005, 01:15 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by sardog46
Ok so anyway, What made you go with the 224 cam?
The midrange and low end power.( I dont like to rev past 5500- 6k on a stock bottom end.) I read a lot about it and saw some very nice graphs. I know it(enigine) can handle more rpms but I dont want to be one of those muscle cars thats smokes. Just a concern of mine, I know rings are going to wear but I figure I can help them a little. Maybe I'm wrong? Ideal for me would be a forged bottom end and a huge turbo. I know the supercharger is great but I like the feeling of that turbo kicking in. Will pro'lly never happen but thats a dream.
I know I could have gome much bigger but at the time I was scared about the money I shouldnt have been spending. I also know I can get more hp out of it with a better tune but I'm doing what I can. I'm working on porting some heads I bought right now. Slow going!

Quick Reply: Cam Talk