Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Damn couldnt make the deal work

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2005, 11:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Damn couldnt make the deal work

Ok Heres the story.
Took my son to school yesterday, he was leaving for a week long Camp so we had all of his bagage with us. Then heading in to Lacey to do some shoping with Dan before he left, (he got a phone call saying he wasnt leaving after all )

Anyways on the way back Dan spots a 91 RS 305 T-5 hard top in one of the local dealerships in our home town. So we stop & take a look at it. The salesman come out & told us the price is $3k (ok I can deal with that) the car is in ok shape some dents & scraps on the outside of the car. The engine compartment on the other hand is a mess. Caked Oil everywhere along the top of the engine & it also has 157k miles on it .

Of course the dealer is tripping over himself to try us to trade in our Geo metro . Nope not trading in the metro we was paying cash.

So we take it out on a test drive. (they gave us $10 in cash to gas the car up lol) We go fill her up & I see my brother in law across the street & we pull up beside him & of course hes "what looking at another car to buy?" We tell him the story & again he . We take off down a back street & do our normal chit to the car. Floor it & stomp on the brakes & have our 10min of fun testing it out.

We get back to the dealership with the car & I am checking out under the hood again! Checking for leaks or what have you plus Dan said something about the Oil sending unit not working right. I am about to gag because of the engine compartment has a bad case of antifreeze smell (man this was really bad I was looking for the puddle of antifreeze under the car but couldnt find any) but seeing no leaks. I ask the dealer what is the lowest they would go, well much under that. Ok I make my offer of $1800 out the door (thats including tax & Licensing) Of course Dan, is keeping his mouth shut & letting me do all the talking. We go in & he asks the sales manager & they said 2200 out the door. NOPE not going to happen $1800 or no deal. (heck I bought my 87 Iroc for about 3k with about 119k miles on it & its a 350 car of course that was 5yrs ago lol (but I didnt tell them it was that long ago)) so the salesman goes back & takes to his boss & this time the boss comes out with what he had paid for the car (yea right) & said they will do the car for 2050 out the door. I just walked away :wave: saying it wasnt worth my effort to get the car up & running right & in good shape for anything over $1800. Dan & I got in to our Geo metro & drove away laughing.

Ok we didnt need another car on the place But we were sort of looking for Mike when he turns 16 (hes about ready to turn 11 now so we have a couple years)
Old 05-18-2005, 09:37 PM
Launching!

that sucks u did not get the car. that just means there is something out there that is better for u. sorry again about the car.

Ram
Old 05-19-2005, 01:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

I need another car like I need another hole in the head. lol We have 6 Vehicles on the place as is. 3 Camaros 2 Trucks & a Geo Metro lol

Quick Reply: Damn couldnt make the deal work