Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

June: Range and BBQ Day???

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2005, 07:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Come on guys, pick a date! We have the place and the food! Thanks for the invite Amy!

If its on Thursday the 16th, the Shooters can do their thing around 4ish Then the rest of us can all meet at Amy's house for the BBQ-Shoot the bull around 6-7..it doesn't get dark till 9 or later so there is plenty of time!

Otherwise we're looking at the 11th which is a Saturday and everyone can go shooting in the morning and then BS by the Lake for the rest of the day...

This will be the first BBQ of the Season for NW F-Body...Imagine getting all of us together for a BBQ at the Lake with our Cars! oh yeah, and wives or hubbys of course

I know a lot of you guys are just itching to get together again and do some bench racing so lets do it! There is plenty of Parking!
Old 06-01-2005, 08:35 PM
Launching!

Well, I'm gonna be gone from the 24th to the 1st and then I'm going back home form the 11th to the 1st. After that... I'm open (at least till another date pops up for another DET).
Old 06-02-2005, 06:02 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Rottluver
Not a problem, I bring my own meds. And I reckon I won't be playing poker cuz my gun doesn't leave my side.
Ok, as long as they are YOUR meds! Just don't ask to use my drool towel - I'm very possessive of my woobie! (ewww, that is so gross!) lol
And husband can be quite disarming so I think you are safe to play a hand or two
Old 06-02-2005, 06:29 AM
TECH Veteran

Ooops! I missed this rolled into another page! Thanks Steph
Originally Posted by Z ANGEL
Come on guys, pick a date! We have the place and the food! Thanks for the invite Amy!
Just figured it would be a FUN idea - we are so secluded that there are no worries from neighbours, they are invited as well. This is a private dead end lane so there aren't many people around anyway.
If its on Thursday the 16th, the Shooters can do their thing around 4ish Then the rest of us can all meet at Amy's house for the BBQ-Shoot the bull around 6-7..it doesn't get dark till 9 or later so there is plenty of time!
Plenty of time to venture out on the lake on the river raft...you nailed the time line I was thinking.
Otherwise we're looking at the 11th which is a Saturday and everyone can go shooting in the morning and then BS by the Lake for the rest of the day...
Then we would have to find the most trusted person to hold the cash for betting on who falls in the lake first
This will be the first BBQ of the Season for NW F-Body...Imagine getting all of us together for a BBQ at the Lake with our Cars! oh yeah, and wives or hubbys of course

Yep! Spouses, friends, fiance's, SO's, dawgs all welcome! Plenty of room for everyone. Having the first NW F-Body gathering is an honor (should I re-title the topic?)
I know a lot of you guys are just itching to get together again and do some bench racing so lets do it! There is plenty of Parking!
I assume it means you all will be showing up as well? YOU FORGOT TO PICK A DATE!

Do I need to get a prize or something for the best...uh...hmmm...what would a prize be for? Best spouse? Best beer drinker? First to fall out of the raft?

Come on you guys! Just because the only decent car round this house is a stock LT1 doesn't mean you should bail on a range day and BBQ. DON'T MAKE ME PM EVERY ONE OF YOU FOR AN INVITE!
Not that I wouldn't do it, its just a tad bit annoying if its already posted
Old 06-02-2005, 06:33 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Bubba_Goat
Well, I'm gonna be gone from the 24th to the 1st and then I'm going back home form the 11th to the 1st. After that... I'm open (at least till another date pops up for another DET).
So the 16th works for you? I'm assuming its what you have open, just be sure to drag more of them northenders with you.
We aren't just Army - hubby was Navy during the Gulf so there will be plenty to relate to if you think there won't be anything to talk about...besides cars

Hope to see you here!
Old 06-02-2005, 09:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Either day works for us, Ellis doesn't get home until 6pm on the weekdays...so that would put us at your house around 7ish...
Old 06-02-2005, 09:47 AM
12 Second Club

My vote is for the 11th
Old 06-02-2005, 09:54 AM
Launching!

I can try to make it out on one of the weekend dates. That is as long as kidlins are welcome.
Old 06-02-2005, 10:48 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My vote is for the 11th as well... of course, I think I already said that earlier in the thread, but I can be forgetful.
Old 06-02-2005, 07:07 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Tranzor_Z28
My vote is for the 11th as well... of course, I think I already said that earlier in the thread, but I can be forgetful.

hehe I said weekends earlier which could have implied the 11th as well lol...
Old 06-02-2005, 08:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

So it looks like the 11th? Sounds good to me!
Old 06-02-2005, 09:40 PM
TECH Veteran

11th:
Tranzor
Ryan (maybe)
Bubba Goat
Rookiels
Burbman

16th:
TAWicked (only day)
Nathan (only day)
Howierd

Either:
Steph & Ellis
Rottluver
(add them to the 11th)

?? Never said ??
Yetka
Poik

Sounds like the 11th - as much as we would like to see TAWicked, Nathan & Howierd it doesn't seem they can make the 11th. Not to worry, it won't be the only day to shoot things up and BBQ them later

Still more people to hear from, at least we have a date set! Husband is at Wades now (lucky duck), I'll call and let him know to book the 11th...if he can hear his phone.
Old 06-02-2005, 09:55 PM
Launching!

Don't save me any space at the range, the only thing I'll be shooting is my mouth.
Old 06-02-2005, 10:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by burbman
Don't save me any space at the range, the only thing I'll be shooting is my mouth.
Same here...no shooting for me...
Old 06-02-2005, 10:10 PM
TECH Addict

Yeah I am pretty sure I will be working on the 11th. Not scheduled yet but I am behind on paid hours and I told my boss I could work that weekend . I could probably stop by afterwards but I probably would not be able to make the shooting range.
Old 06-02-2005, 10:14 PM
TECH Veteran

No worries, its mostly about cars and food anyway plus a bit of So head on down Poik before I have to beat up your boss for time off

I kinda figured who would want range time and who wouldn't - its a slim group and maybe thats a good thing...
Old 06-02-2005, 10:32 PM
TECH Regular

yeah.. the 11th won't work for me at all

i'll be in nevada

but sometime this summer i'll head up north.. maybe for a car show gathering or something
Old 06-02-2005, 10:40 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Nathan
yeah.. the 11th won't work for me at all

i'll be in nevada

but sometime this summer i'll head up north.. maybe for a car show gathering or something
Have fun and bring me back a few chips

I think we'll shoot for having at least the BBQ once a month - they can be right after a car show or race day. That leaves some times for you all to make it up
Old 06-03-2005, 12:42 AM
Launching!

Cool

Originally Posted by GEARHED
So the 16th works for you? I'm assuming its what you have open, just be sure to drag more of them northenders with you.
We aren't just Army - hubby was Navy during the Gulf so there will be plenty to relate to if you think there won't be anything to talk about...besides cars

Hope to see you here!
No, it's the 11th that works for me. During the week it's just too far away for me to get down there and no way would I wanna come back and with the way things are in the shop I wouldn't be able to get off work that soon. 11th is good, 16th bad cause it's a weekday and the 24th isn't good as that's when I leave. Then from there till the 1st of August I'm gonna be gone.
Old 06-03-2005, 12:46 AM
Launching!

Cool

Originally Posted by GEARHED
No worries, its mostly about cars and food anyway plus a bit of So head on down Poik before I have to beat up your boss for time off

I kinda figured who would want range time and who wouldn't - its a slim group and maybe thats a good thing...
Well, my ride will stick out like a thumb hit with a 20lb sledge... but I'll be damned if there's gonna be left over food at the end of the night. lol Oh, and I'll be sure to bring down a case of Dr P as that's my drug of choice.

Oh, and I'll be shooting as well... it'll give me an excuse to go out and buy some more rounds.

Quick Reply: June: Range and BBQ Day???