Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

I put my front Plate on....

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2005, 12:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default I put my front Plate on....

I went and done it....I put my front License Plate on the car. I've never had a front plate on any of my Camaro's...so yeah, it was hard to do..

A few weeks ago I got a Speeding ticket and I'm going to go Deferred so I need to be good for the next year. Lately I've seen so many cops and had so many get on my tail just in the last week, that I figured better safe than sorry and put my plate on.

It really doesn't look bad though, I guess because it's a personalized plate So I can live with it for a while..what do you guys think?

Old 07-27-2005, 01:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

It don't look bad, Z, but I have never been a fan of front plates. Thing is that the state is talking about getting rid of requiring the front plate because the lightbulb finally went off in Olympia and they finally figured out that it would be cheaper not to produce a front licence plate. The only reason that they still do now is because of the small reflective circles on the plate that the state troopers can lock on their lasers to when they check for speeding. I'm sorry that you had to do that, but like you said, better safe than sorry....
Old 07-27-2005, 02:54 AM
TECH Veteran

Oddly I think it looks really good on your car.........must be cuz your car just plain looks good to begin with.
Old 07-27-2005, 08:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks Yeah, I'm hoping they pass that law and I can take it back off soon...that would be ideal!
Old 07-27-2005, 10:31 AM
TECH Veteran

The car looks good!...hmmm, I wonder where those rims came from

I hate the front plate on any car. It screws up the lines of the car - any car
Old 07-27-2005, 12:42 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by GEARHED
The car looks good!...hmmm, I wonder where those rims came from

I hate the front plate on any car. It screws up the lines of the car - any car
I have never ever said I thought a front plate looked good, but on her car, it doesn't seem to **** it all up like it would on mine or most others........I think the bright red paint helps to blend the lines of the plate into the car better.....oh yeah, plus I am used to looking at those suck-*** reflective Cali plates so almost ANYTHING (NOT NJ) would look good.

BTW, IMHO front plates on pickups seem ok.........it ain't like they have rounded front ends...

Ooohhh, are those chrome/polished 10 spoke SS wheels? Nice.
Old 07-27-2005, 01:04 PM
12 Second Club

I am in a debate right now trying to decide if plates go on. I might just put them on for daytime events, I have been pushing it for awhile with none on. At night the headlights make it tougher to see the plates.
Old 07-27-2005, 01:09 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by rotwiler
I am in a debate right now trying to decide if plates go on. I might just put them on for daytime events, I have been pushing it for awhile with none on. At night the headlights make it tougher to see the plates.
<knocks on wood> I haven't been bugged about it ever........of course, at the rate I DON'T drive, I am not surprised........y'all remember when I had my differential fixed? I STILL haven't quite gotten 500 miles on her yet.
Old 07-27-2005, 01:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Rottluver
Ooohhh, are those chrome/polished 10 spoke SS wheels? Nice.
Yep..Chrome and I LOVE Them! If you come out to the track on Friday you'll get to see them in Person! hint..hint

Old 07-27-2005, 01:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

<knocks on wood> I haven't been bugged about it ever........of course, at the rate I DON'T drive, I am not surprised........y'all remember when I had my differential fixed? I STILL haven't quite gotten 500 miles on her yet.
Dang dude! Bring it over here, I'll put some miles on it for ya!
Old 07-27-2005, 02:14 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Z ANGEL
Yep..Chrome and I LOVE Them! If you come out to the track on Friday you'll get to see them in Person! hint..hint

GOD DAMN that is gorgeous.

As for the track, I don't wanna say anything yet cuz I have had to back out at the last minute the past 2 times. So if I go, I will let people know Friday........otherwise I am sure something will come up if I say anything too early.
Originally Posted by Z ANGEL
Dang dude! Bring it over here, I'll put some miles on it for ya!
I just bet u would.
Old 07-27-2005, 02:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

As for the track, I don't wanna say anything yet cuz I have had to back out at the last minute the past 2 times. So if I go, I will let people know Friday........otherwise I am sure something will come up if I say anything too early.

I just bet u would.
Thank you I like it too And I do know how it feels not knowing what is happening one day to the next...If you don't make it out, that's fine although you will be missed

I'm going to try to plan a cruise in the next couple of weeks...Maybe next Sunday? August 7th..it would be Great if you could come for that! I'm not sure the designation yet..Maybe Mt. Rainier...or Mt. St. Helens? Or even Port Angeles again..that was fun..I'd like to do the North Cascades Loop, but it is still closed due to the Rock slides in the winter. We'll figure out a place..
Old 07-27-2005, 03:31 PM
TECH Addict

Make sure it's far enough in the future that I can ask for the day off. Just don't give me like two hours notice or something.

And the front plate does not look that bad on that car. Although no plate looks better. I am glad clear covers are available for the Firebirds that blend it right in to the bumper. But when the politicians finally figure things out in Oly, I am ready to take it off and put the black one back on.
Old 07-27-2005, 05:08 PM
Tech Addict

I just bet u would.
Ya know Darrin, it's ok to say no to people and that you already have plans to go to the track.

Since you have a problem saying no, I need to borrow 600 dollars for a stall converter.
Old 07-27-2005, 05:10 PM
Tech Addict

Oh yeah, there is an opaque cover that you can buy to install on your front plate that will not let the laser bounce back to the oinkers. I had one but some schmuck broke it while bashing into my car attempting to parallel park.
Old 07-27-2005, 05:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Oddly I think it looks really good on your car.........must be cuz your car just plain looks good to begin with.
I agree... you do have a very nice ride, Z!
Old 07-27-2005, 05:21 PM
Loves to change spark plugs

Well Steph, it don't look bad. I understand the compulsion to put it on. No one needs any more attention from the cops than normal, and a red car doesn't help matters any.

Ironically, I found the front plate holder for my '88 night before last. I was like, whoa, that's where that is. Hasn't been on since... 1988

I've been trying to figure out a decent design for a mounting bracket system to put one on the T/A that won't require visible holes drilled into the nose. Got some ideas, but would have to pull the nose to do it, so I'm not in a hurry. Then again, the nose is beyond wet sand and buff to make it look good so maybe I should just pull it and paint it and assemble the mount.

Ramble, ramble.
Old 07-27-2005, 05:28 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a front plate on my car... its black and says "CAMARO". hehe...
Old 07-27-2005, 05:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tranzor_Z28
I have a front plate on my car... its black and says "CAMARO". hehe...
Oh, yeah.... I forgot I got one too, but it says "SS". Doesn't match the rear plate, but that is the way it came when I bought it (maybe)...
Old 07-27-2005, 10:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I took my front plate off as soon as I got to New Mexico. No one really cares around here, but I got harassed several times when I lived in WA. But now I guess it doesn't matter because I got my registration letter in the mail from WA. State and they are saying that my address doesn't match up anymore, and I'm now required to update the address and get the correct plate.

I just picked up NM plates last week. I feel sad to take the WA plates off the car, so I'm leaving them on until the registration runs out in a couple weeks, then they'll get nailed up on the wall in the garage. *dammit now I gotta blend in with these bastards down here*

Quick Reply: I put my front Plate on....