Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Might need some help next two weeks...

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2005, 11:17 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Might need some help next two weeks...

Some of you know I will be having major surgery tomorrow. Nuthin new to me but its going to leave me pretty sore and not able to do much of anything for the next couple of weeks. John will probably take Monday off depending how I'm doing but can't take the entire week off, he gets home around 4:30.

Soooooo....if you have days open and wouldn't mind hanging out a bit (you can detail your car if you want, got all the stuff here) or want to make a little cash for putzing around the yard it would help me out. Just a few hours would be great - and yes, I'll pay for gas and make sure there is plenty to eat.

Hate to ask but family is in Bellingham, most neighbours are at work and the houses aren't crammed together so it gets pretty boring, friends either live really far away or work during the day. If your up to it drop me an email just in case the board fritzs out on 'upgrades'.
gen_x_mom1977@yahoo.com

Hate to ask at all but it would help keep me out of trouble
Old 07-28-2005, 12:44 AM
TECH Veteran

Hey, I am here for ya if you need me. I left u a voice mail on your cell and will prolly be going to bed in a few, but call me in the AM or I will call you before you go in, ok?

And I will keep a good thought for ya.
Old 07-28-2005, 10:08 AM
Teching In

Sorry I missed your call Amy. Let me know what every I can do to help you and I'll be there. I'm sure everything will go well today and your'll feel much better afterwards.. Give me a call if you can and I'll also try calling you, otherwies i'll get ahold of you sometime this weekend.
Old 07-28-2005, 10:17 AM
TECH Veteran

Thanks you guys, I appreciate it very much.
I wonder who will be bored to tears first: me or the dog

He is used to 'play time' at least a couple hours a day this time of year, I'm used to working outside taking a break in the hammoc. Its going to be tough doing nothing for a couple of weeks including driving.

Talk to you all later, have fun this weekend
Old 07-28-2005, 10:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

I'm not that far away, give me a call if you need anything.. I've been in Similar shoes...
Old 07-28-2005, 05:00 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Z ANGEL
I'm not that far away, give me a call if you need anything.. I've been in Similar shoes...
I left you a couple more messages this morning Amy......I am keeping u in my prayers and I know you are going to be fine.
Old 07-28-2005, 08:26 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If I lived closer, I'd help ya out Amy!!

Hope your surgery goes well and you have a speedy recovery.

Mike
Old 07-28-2005, 10:45 PM
Teching In

Default Update

Gearhed went in for surgery about 3:00 this afternoon, and was out by 5:30. The doc says that the surgery went very well.

I had to run back home to take care of the animals and am heading back to the hospital after a sandwich. When I left Gearhed she was on the good drugs and sleeping.

She did tell me to post an update here, so here it is.

Thank you all for your support and thoughts, we both appreciate it very much.

Mr. Gearhed
Old 07-28-2005, 11:22 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Mr. Gearhead
Gearhed went in for surgery about 3:00 this afternoon, and was out by 5:30. The doc says that the surgery went very well.

I had to run back home to take care of the animals and am heading back to the hospital after a sandwich. When I left Gearhed she was on the good drugs and sleeping.

Mr. Gearhed
Glad to hear it. Tell her I said howdy and that I want some of her drugs when she is done.
Old 07-28-2005, 11:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Rottluver
Glad to hear it. Tell her I said howdy and that I want some of her drugs when she is done.
Old 07-29-2005, 09:15 AM
Teching In

I'm glad to hear that she's doing well. I had her in my prayers the whole time. I knew it would go well.

The good drugs... Lol.
Old 07-30-2005, 06:43 PM
TECH Veteran

She called me yesterday while we were in line to get into PR. She is doing better and the drugs are good. She should be home in a day or two and I KNOW she would appreciate calls/visits/PMs/whatever. I have had 10 surgeries and people being social DEFINITELY makes you feel better.
Old 07-31-2005, 04:27 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Mr. Gearhead

I don't remember any of that. Really!
Talking to someone right out of recovery is so wrong...but its kinda funny too. By now I expect some messing with.
Since I'd never had surgery at Evergreen they wouldn't give me the meds I can tolerate until the next day

It took awhile but they finally fixed that - enough so calling Rott wasn't a major chore. He was so jazzed to be at the track then I read how it all fell apart?! That probably hurt more than the pain I was in, total BS! No mention of his run so I wonder if he ever got to?

Sleep schedule is all messed up now but its been giving me time to catch up and try to make sense of some posts though I doubt I'll remember any of them.
yea, not new for me

Mr. Gearhed
Very true and a huge thanks for the health-wishes, thoughts and prayers.
Offer is still open for anyone who wants to cool off, hang out or mess with their car for a bit over here. Weather will be nice so I know I'm going to be bored to tears, a couple of people and I'm sure a 'friendly game of poker' could be in order on the back patio, possible help planning for the next BBQ?

Just PM me if you are in the area and I'll make sure there is enough cold libations to make it worth the stop over
Old 07-31-2005, 04:24 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by GEARHED
I don't remember any of that. Really!
Talking to someone right out of recovery is so wrong...but its kinda funny too. By now I expect some messing with.
Since I'd never had surgery at Evergreen they wouldn't give me the meds I can tolerate until the next day

It took awhile but they finally fixed that - enough so calling Rott wasn't a major chore. He was so jazzed to be at the track then I read how it all fell apart?! That probably hurt more than the pain I was in, total BS! No mention of his run so I wonder if he ever got to?)
Meh......1st run was a 13.4 @ 106 (2/10's quicker & 1 MPH faster then previous best) Fastest the car got was 108 (twice) but my first real race I got my *** kicked.....so back to the suspension drawing board until next time.