Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

For anyone that lives close by...

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2005, 06:30 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For anyone that lives close by...

Could someone go check out this SS and tell me what you think of it and how much should I try to get them for it. I'd look at it myself but i live too far

heres the link:

click me

Only go look at this car if you got the time I don't expect anyone to do it but more of helping me out before I go waste my time you know? So if anyone does Thank you

Last edited by Hurley_02; 11-12-2005 at 01:18 PM.
Old 11-12-2005, 09:49 AM
TECH Veteran

Anything specific you want looked at? I might be able to swing by this weekend and check it out for ya. Let me know what you want looked at and I will try to go by this weekend and look at it, give it a drive and whatever else you need.

Darrin
Old 11-12-2005, 11:09 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Initial reaction is for the money you'd be better off with Todd2001ss car instead.
Old 11-12-2005, 11:27 AM
TECH Veteran

As of yesterday, Todd says a sale is pending.
Old 11-12-2005, 01:17 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Rottluver
Anything specific you want looked at? I might be able to swing by this weekend and check it out for ya. Let me know what you want looked at and I will try to go by this weekend and look at it, give it a drive and whatever else you need.

Darrin
Take it for a drive, look it over completely. Pretty much test and look at it as if you were buying it. When your done let me know what you think the car is worth and what you think of it Thanks for helping too
Old 11-12-2005, 01:33 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Hurley_02
Take it for a drive, look it over completely. Pretty much test and look at it as if you were buying it. When your done let me know what you think the car is worth and what you think of it Thanks for helping too
Okie dokie.......won't be able to make it till tomorrow but I will see what I can do.
Old 11-12-2005, 02:12 PM
Staging Lane

Okie dokie.......won't be able to make it till tomorrow but I will see what I can do.
Sounds good
Old 11-12-2005, 06:12 PM
TECH Junkie

Wish I'd have seen this thread sooner because I just drove by Saturn of Lynnwood earlier today and saw it sitting on the lot. I didn't stop or anything so I'm obviously not of any help - but FWIW it looked real nice while driving by on Hwy 99 I even commented to the wife about it. It looked to have the SLP grille on it too.
Old 11-12-2005, 06:47 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Fulton 1
Wish I'd have seen this thread sooner because I just drove by Saturn of Lynnwood earlier today and saw it sitting on the lot. I didn't stop or anything so I'm obviously not of any help - but FWIW it looked real nice while driving by on Hwy 99 I even commented to the wife about it. It looked to have the SLP grille on it too.
Do you live around here or were you just passing thru?
Old 11-12-2005, 08:26 PM
TECH Addict

That car looks so lame next to Todd's. No shine or anything and they want 19k? That sounds high to me.
Old 11-12-2005, 09:39 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Hurley_02
Could someone go check out this SS and tell me what you think of it and how much should I try to get them for it. I'd look at it myself but i live too far

heres the link:

click me

Only go look at this car if you got the time I don't expect anyone to do it but more of helping me out before I go waste my time you know? So if anyone does Thank you
You can do better.

Nate
Old 11-12-2005, 09:56 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by howierd42
That car looks so lame next to Todd's. No shine or anything and they want 19k? That sounds high to me.
It's a little below retail blue book, so it isn't an "outrageous" price for a 4-5 year old car with 17k on it on a dealer lot..........no, it isn't Todd's car, but what car is? It does seem to be a very nice one from the looks of the ad and I will see tomorrow if it is as nice close up.
Old 11-13-2005, 04:30 PM
TECH Veteran

I went by early this morning and saw the car close up.....looked good but it was raining so I didn't get to examine it really good for paint or body damage. Windows are all tinted but seemed pretty clean inside and has cloth seats if that makes any difference to you. It also has the "2 in the middle" SLP catback exhaust as well.

I went back when they were open but someone was test driving it. I waited for about 15-20 minutes and they still weren't back yet so I had to jet....had stuff to do. Sorry.

If I get some time later this week I will try again.
Old 11-14-2005, 05:40 AM
Staging Lane

I went by early this morning and saw the car close up.....looked good but it was raining so I didn't get to examine it really good for paint or body damage. Windows are all tinted but seemed pretty clean inside and has cloth seats if that makes any difference to you. It also has the "2 in the middle" SLP catback exhaust as well.

I went back when they were open but someone was test driving it. I waited for about 15-20 minutes and they still weren't back yet so I had to jet....had stuff to do. Sorry.

If I get some time later this week I will try again.
Sounds good Yeah the price does seem high but im not in position to buy one out right so im trying to do it on a good payment plan. Can't wait to read how it drives when you get the chance
Old 11-14-2005, 08:54 AM
TECH Junkie

Do you live around here or were you just passing thru?
I was just passing through. I live up in Marysville.

It's a little below retail blue book, so it isn't an "outrageous" price for a 4-5 year old car with 17k on it on a dealer lot..........no, it isn't Todd's car, but what car is?
I personally don't put much stock in dealers' advertised prices - that's what negotiation is for
Old 11-14-2005, 09:46 AM
Staging Lane

You know I feel the same way that you do but I think it will be harder than hell to get these guys to budge from what they want. I mean I really don't want to pay 19k for a car at its age, but due to low mileage it has and for what it is I think its going to be a challenge.
Old 11-14-2005, 10:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

If you do not want to pay that price get a loan in advance.(credit union or someplace like that)
Tell them you will give them x amount not a penny more.Most good car lots treat the loan approved as cash sale and they will jump on it.......Just my 2 cents and my Exp I bought my camaro and durango a lot less then what they wanted...and they gave me a better trade in value too.
Old 11-14-2005, 05:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

man I'd take todd's car without any hesitation

Quick Reply: For anyone that lives close by...