Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2005, 08:49 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Yours included Tom? I will have to go check Steph's mail again
Old 11-30-2005, 11:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It was announced over and over and over on the way home today that Tom WILL be on starting 1/3/05 as previously said. KISW did this in order to replace Howard who will be only on satellite starting in Jan.
Old 12-01-2005, 12:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My first e-mail from the Buzz (2 pm) didn't have Tom in the line-up. The second one I got from them at 5 pm was the same as the first, but they added Tom. I guess they forgot to tell us about him until they were talking to BJ around 4:30 and someone said "what about Tom?"

I like Country and am glad we now have another station to tune in to, but it will definitely take some getting used to not having the Buzz anymore.
Old 12-01-2005, 12:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ram-it
It was announced over and over and over on the way home today that Tom WILL be on starting 1/3/05 as previously said. KISW did this in order to replace Howard who will be only on satellite starting in Jan.
It wasn't until about 4:30 when someone mentioned Tom that they started announcing over and over that he will be a part of the show. Before that, they hadn't mentioned Tom all day so everyone thought he was just being dropped all together from Seattle Radio.

I wonder what Robin and Maynard are going to do now? Like anyone really cares anyway. I used to like their show until Robin started getting Bitchy and going against BJ and his show.
Old 12-01-2005, 12:57 AM
teh PuRpL3z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Z ANGEL
It wasn't until about 4:30 when someone mentioned Tom that they started announcing over and over that he will be a part of the show. Before that, they hadn't mentioned Tom all day so everyone thought he was just being dropped all together from Seattle Radio.

I wonder what Robin and Maynard are going to do now? Like anyone really cares anyway. I used to like their show until Robin started getting Bitchy and going against BJ and his show.
Hopefully Robin and Maynard will be filing for unemployment.
Old 12-01-2005, 01:02 AM
TECH Resident

Amen to that Zeke.

I turned on 100.7 at 5 on my way home from work and went... WTF! I was cruising around the stations in mild panic until I came across 99.9 and I was like... Hey, that is Steve! I wasn't too sure on the talk/music thing... until they played a little music in their show and I was hooked. Tom will at least be back on late night, but I am with Ellis, if I have a computer, it'll be a live webcast.
Old 12-01-2005, 07:51 AM
10 Second Club

I just saw a commercial the 100.7 has gone country. Yee-haw baby!
Old 12-01-2005, 10:22 AM
teh PuRpL3z

Anyone happen to notice that the old Buzz website (http://www.1007thebuzz.com) now redirects to KISW?

Damn, now I have a whole month of nothing to listen to when I drive to work in the morning. Gonna have to start bringing CDs with me.
Old 12-01-2005, 11:31 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
Yours included Tom? I will have to go check Steph's mail again
It was a second email...first one said BJ was moving, then another a little while later said Tom was too.
Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
I just saw a commercial the 100.7 has gone country. Yee-haw baby!
Like there aren't enough of those already? 93.7, 94.1, 102.9 and now 100.7
Go figure.
Old 12-01-2005, 12:03 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Originally Posted by Rottluver
Go figure.
I figured they were going country because the #1 station in Seattle is a country station. The Buzz has been sinking in the ratings over the last year, which I imagine is partially due to people like me turning them off in favor of listening to programs on the internet, because they were chopping up stuff like Leykis to make it more PC. I've sent numerous letters to the station manager about it as well.

My whole beef with them was how they were chopping up the Tom Leykis show, and removing any references to sex from it. At times it made it impossible to even follow the conversation that was going on, especially on Leykis 101 days.

It was so nice to listen to the show last night and have it not be chopped up.... although I would rather listen to it live, since I can listen to the whole show for the most part. Now I can only hear about the first hour of the show before I have to go to bed.
Old 12-01-2005, 12:55 PM
10 Second Club

I agree With the Dr. I am pretty sure as much as we do not want him on after 10pm ...after 10pm he can pretty much say any thing he wants and not take any hits for it putting the Tree hugging Carpet munchers out of reach

OH they will still complain.
Old 12-01-2005, 01:42 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
I agree With the Dr. I am pretty sure as much as we do not want him on after 10pm ...after 10pm he can pretty much say any thing he wants and not take any hits for it putting the Tree hugging Carpet munchers out of reach

OH they will still complain.
Actually, I've heard worse things during the day on KISW, and they seem to not really give a crap about the complainers. I think eventually Leykis will be on live during his normal time.

Although, I'm on the fence about the mixture of music and talk.... I listened to the buzz all the time because I got sick of listening to the music that the radio stations pimped. I really don't want to listen to music on the radio... and I liked listening to the Men's Room without the music. Now it's like I listen to the show, and then get bored when they play music.

I hope BJ Shea doesn't play music.
Old 12-02-2005, 12:20 AM
TECH Resident

Me too.

Also, the ridiculous amount of commercials during the talkshows is annoying. My prediction is that operating a FM talk show radio will become more and more expensive and then more and more sponsors will be needed.

This seems like a dirty strategy to send the message "don't want commercials? get satellite, sucker"

And then... when 30%-40% of people have switched to satellite (we all need one more monthly bill) bang! Guess what, commercials and more commercials on satellite.

I wil NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER pay for radio.
Old 12-02-2005, 12:42 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by WS6freak
Me too.

I will NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER pay for radio.

Not even next week?
Old 12-02-2005, 07:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Rottluver
It was a second email...first one said BJ was moving, then another a little while later said Tom was too.

Go figure.
They are trying to compete with KMPS likat thats going to happen.

Entercom Flips KQBZ-FM/Seattle to '100.7 The Wolf'

Entercom flips News/Talk KQBZ-FM (The Buzz)/Seattle to Country as "The New 100.7 The Wolf" with 10,000 songs in a row, commercial-free. Core artists include Kenny Chesney, Gretchen Wilson, Keith Urban, Toby Keith, Faith Hill and Brooks & Dunn, among others. Former Citadel VP/Product Development Scott Mahalick is appointed Program Director. The new format will compete with crosstown Infinity's #1 rated KMPS-FM.

"Our goal is to be one of the top 5 players in this market in less than 12 months," stated Mahalick. "We are no wolf in sheep's clothing. This is the real deal in radio. We will also be announcing a new lineup of hosts beginning in January that should surprise everyone." (11-30-05)
Old 12-03-2005, 12:58 AM
Staging Lane

KISW as I knew it is gone! Now is a gay talk station? WTF! Ricker is the biggest douchebag I've ever heard on the radio. The stupid bits he replays got old real fast and he never has anything new or even funny to say! I guess thats why all of his fans are stoners!
Old 12-03-2005, 01:07 AM
TECH Resident

Ricker wasn't one of the guys from The Buzz. BJ Shea, the Mens Room, and nationally Syndicated Tom Leykus are the ones that came from 100.7 I have to agree that the "Holiday 12 Pack" crap during the Mens Room gets really boring. They just don't play good enough music to keep me interested.
Old 12-03-2005, 01:16 AM
Staging Lane

Yeah, I know! he's still a douche though! I'm not a fan of talk radio! I do listen to the Bob rivers show in the morning and used to switch over to KISW after 10:00am, but now it will be 107.7 THE END!
Old 12-05-2005, 05:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have to agree about Tom Leykis. He hasn't had anything original in the last 4 years. He keeps digging up the same topics over-and-over day-in and day-out and it gets boring to listen to after about 10 minutes. Single mom bashing and how to treat your wife/girlfriend like crap is all he talks about.

Originally Posted by Z ANGEL
I like BJ, I will definitely listen to KISW from now on!

I think Tom Leykis is a sicko who will say anything to get listeners...He only says what he does to make people listen, he doesn't actually follow his own rules...which makes him one big phony in my book...Just my opinion of course
Old 12-05-2005, 05:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by krazzycowgirl
They are trying to compete with KMPS likat thats going to happen.

Entercom Flips KQBZ-FM/Seattle to '100.7 The Wolf'

Entercom flips News/Talk KQBZ-FM (The Buzz)/Seattle to Country as "The New 100.7 The Wolf" with 10,000 songs in a row, commercial-free. Core artists include Kenny Chesney, Gretchen Wilson, Keith Urban, Toby Keith, Faith Hill and Brooks & Dunn, among others. Former Citadel VP/Product Development Scott Mahalick is appointed Program Director. The new format will compete with crosstown Infinity's #1 rated KMPS-FM.

"Our goal is to be one of the top 5 players in this market in less than 12 months," stated Mahalick. "We are no wolf in sheep's clothing. This is the real deal in radio. We will also be announcing a new lineup of hosts beginning in January that should surprise everyone." (11-30-05)
That is great.... all we need in this town is another Country radio station. Don't we have like 27 C&W stations already?

Quick Reply: 100.7 The Buzz listeners