Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Range day

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2005, 01:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rottluver
Details details........don't bother me with details.

Yeah, I have never understood the concept of a scope on a handgun.
Oh come on guys, can't you appreciate a handgun with sniper rifle accuracy?
Old 12-06-2005, 02:03 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Poik
Oh come on guys, can't you appreciate a handgun with sniper rifle accuracy?
only if it looks like this:

Someday I'll have one.
Old 12-06-2005, 07:46 PM
12 Second Club

well turns out my buddy had today off instead of sunday so we went to the range and I have to say... I'm in love with the Para-Ordnance LDA's single action smooth but in a DAO. I know what I'm getting now after shooting all their 45's at Wades. Even the Para-ord warthog which is there compact carry model wasn't bad to shoot.

Not too bad after not shooting for 3-4yrs, was at the 30 mark in the range.

Last edited by rookiels1; 12-07-2005 at 09:28 PM.
Old 12-12-2005, 07:28 PM
Staging Lane

Who needs a range, once you get out of olympia and go south there is plenty area to go shoot guns and goof off let me tell you. Lets get together i've been dieing to try out my 70 round drum for my AK . I know everyones got a ak but i got 2, 223 and 7.62 might talk my bro into bring out some of his fals
Old 12-12-2005, 07:54 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by REDLINE98
Who needs a range, once you get out of olympia and go south there is plenty area to go shoot guns and goof off let me tell you. Lets get together i've been dieing to try out my 70 round drum for my AK . I know everyones got a ak but i got 2, 223 and 7.62 might talk my bro into bring out some of his fals
Unless there is a legal place to shoot where you are talking about, I wouldn't be interested. Not too mention, Oly is too far to just go shooting when there are so many ranges right up here.
Old 12-12-2005, 09:35 PM
Staging Lane

I live on 150 acres and 50+ is a rock pit, its nothing for us to blow off a few hundred rounds every now and then. We use to have a 350 acre farm we used but we sold it a year ago. My grampa hates it when we shoot at his 800 acre farm. But these are more for rifles cause i mean you can shoot up to like 300+ yards in one of our pits.( its not illegal to just shoot out here we dont have no shooting zones) I live in a place without emissions and no shooting restrictions. we walk about 20 feet out our back door and shoot off rounds all the time.
Old 12-13-2005, 01:47 AM
TECH Veteran

I live on 150 acres and 50+ is a rock pit, its nothing for us to blow off a few hundred rounds every now and then. We use to have a 350 acre farm we used but we sold it a year ago. My grampa hates it when we shoot at his 800 acre farm. But these are more for rifles cause i mean you can shoot up to like 300+ yards in one of our pits.( its not illegal to just shoot out here we dont have no shooting zones) I live in a place without emissions and no shooting restrictions. we walk about 20 feet out our back door and shoot off rounds all the time.
Interesting......there are no City/County regs about firing weapons within certain distances from residences, etc? If you had a SAFE backdrop I would consider it.......as I need to sight in my sniper rifles, but otherwise, I will stick with a regular range........nothing personal just a long *** drive to fire some really expensive ammo (.223, 7.62 & .308).

Besides, since my Pops is the COP of a local Agency here, I get to shoot at their range and can hang with the SWAT guys and plink away when they are practicing and stuff if I beg enough.
Old 12-13-2005, 08:11 PM
TECH Addict

There is a dirt pit a little closer in Granite Falls. You will only get about 100 yards, but for sighting in that would be sufficient. It is marked as a shooting area and is public property. .223 and .308 expensive? Pff, try some of the hot rod type cartridges!
Old 12-13-2005, 11:25 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Poik
There is a dirt pit a little closer in Granite Falls. You will only get about 100 yards, but for sighting in that would be sufficient. It is marked as a shooting area and is public property. .223 and .308 expensive? Pff, try some of the hot rod type cartridges!
I just meant expensive to randomly blast away with......as opposed to 9mm, .38, etc
Old 12-14-2005, 09:07 AM
Staging Lane

I buy rounds by the 1000's i think its about 80-90 per thousand. I can make a bigger back drop cause I own part of the pit thats not a problem, hell we got a 20 acre pond thats about 400 yards across if you wanna get creative. We do alot of sket shooting and distance shots. Just to warn you I will out shoot you cause i shoot every other day I've always got a gun in my work truck it never leaves. I live 3 miles from where i work
Old 12-14-2005, 02:19 PM
TECH Veteran

I buy rounds by the 1000's i think its about 80-90 per thousand. I can make a bigger back drop cause I own part of the pit thats not a problem, hell we got a 20 acre pond thats about 400 yards across if you wanna get creative. We do alot of sket shooting and distance shots. Just to warn you I will out shoot you cause i shoot every other day I've always got a gun in my work truck it never leaves. I live 3 miles from where i work
Well damn, you must be THE best shooter in the world then...absolutely no way ANYONE could be better then you it sounds like.
Old 12-14-2005, 08:55 PM
Staging Lane

Well damn, you must be THE best shooter in the world then...absolutely no way ANYONE could be better then you it sounds like.
Not saying i'm the best, but if you wanna do a shoot off to see. I'm fair game. This is going to go off topic but yeah whenever you are ready. I'm always up for it.
Old 12-15-2005, 12:23 AM
FormerVendor

Not saying i'm the best, but if you wanna do a shoot off to see. I'm fair game. This is going to go off topic but yeah whenever you are ready. I'm always up for it.
Hey Rottluver, lets go and see how he shoots. I am game I haven't shot an gun in ages but when I was actively shooting I wasn't too bad. When I had my FFL, and when the UPS truck came around I had to get the fork lift to off load all the ammo we would buy, cases and cases of 7.62 and 223 ammo and I don't mean SKS or AK stuff. I am talking about match grade 308 ammo for Springfield custom M1a Super match and custom AR15 match rifles. When I was in New Mexico my buddy and I shot the local DCM long range matches any chances we could. It is just a damn shame I live so far away from you guys. Seems the local crowd here in this area are never up to much for fun. Not even going to Hooters around here and we have two Hooters. Seems you guys up north are always having more fun than us!
Old 12-15-2005, 09:33 AM
TECH Veteran

Really? I must have not understood you because considering you have NOOOO idea about the skill level of ANYONE else here (that I am aware of) this statement below sure sounds like you are saying you are the best......
Just to warn you I will out shoot you cause i shoot every other day
Originally Posted by tjwong
Hey Rottluver, lets go and see how he shoots. I am game I haven't shot an gun in ages but when I was actively shooting I wasn't too bad. When I had my FFL, and when the UPS truck came around I had to get the fork lift to off load all the ammo we would buy, cases and cases of 7.62 and 223 ammo and I don't mean SKS or AK stuff. I am talking about match grade 308 ammo for Springfield custom M1a Super match and custom AR15 match rifles. When I was in New Mexico my buddy and I shot the local DCM long range matches any chances we could. It is just a damn shame I live so far away from you guys. Seems the local crowd here in this area are never up to much for fun. Not even going to Hooters around here and we have two Hooters. Seems you guys up north are always having more fun than us!
Given my injury, I haven't shot much over the last 7 years at all.....like MAYBE 2-3 times. But I am a fair shot......if he ever comes up my way, I would engage in a friendly competition but I am not driving way down there just to prove or disprove someone. :shrug: Ya know?

You are lucky, I have never had the opportunity to shoot at a long distance range.......I was next on the list for the SWAT team when I was hurt and so I would have had a chance to go to sniper school for cross-training, but Cali is limited (at least in L.A.) with regard to long distance shooting.
Old 12-19-2005, 06:56 PM
TECH Veteran

Really? I must have not understood you because considering you have NOOOO idea about the skill level of ANYONE else here (that I am aware of) this statement below sure sounds like you are saying you are the best......
:lol

We'll come out of course and anything you got and I mean anything is going to have a cash bet on it because we could use the money

Wades - anyone itching to get something from there pm me, sometimes we can get a little better price than the tag. Its still open for a cheap group rental Mon-Thur and I haven't seen where any Holiday party happened...shooting guns would be on par with the holiday madness.