Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Ellis.......I need help!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2005, 06:04 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have you tried opening the key fob up and cleaning the metal contacts on the PCB and the buttons with alcohol? I have had to do that a few times on my car, but mainly because I would just have to press really hard on the buttons for it to unlock. It's worth a shot though either way.
Old 12-16-2005, 06:10 PM
TECH Resident

dude Cobras are bad *** rides man, you know I know that because I almost bought one...and I've rolled a boosted ride for nearly 2 years but you have put alot of dough into your Vette and you need take your time and get it figured out...

later bro
Old 12-16-2005, 06:37 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by F8TL1
dude Cobras are bad *** rides man, you know I know that because I almost bought one...and I've rolled a boosted ride for nearly 2 years but you have put alot of dough into your Vette and you need take your time and get it figured out...

later bro

When is a good time to get a hold of you?
Old 12-16-2005, 10:35 PM
Staging Lane

You might need to "train" your key fob. I had to after having my batery disconnected to insatll headers.
1. Turn ignition key to the on position.
2. Clear any warning messages on the (DIC) by pressing the RESET button.
3. Press the OPTIONS button on the DIC several times until the blank page is displayed, then press and hold the reset button for two seconds.
4. When the message FOB TRAINING is displayed, push the RESET button once. The message HOLD LK+UNLK 1ST FOB will be displayed.
5. Press and hold the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the transmitter simultaneously for 15 seconds.
6. When a transmitter is learned, the DIC will display FOB LEARNED and then prompt you to learn the next transmitter.
7. Repeat steps 5 and 6 for the second FOB.
8. Remove the key from the ignition.
The programming mode will shut off if:
You don't program any transmitters for two minutes
You take the key out of the igition.
You have programed three transmitters.

I had to do this several times before it worked for me.
Good luck!
Edit out the airpump from your PCM, otherwise you will get check engine light and codes. Found this info on C5 corvette forum, tech section. Search for removing air pump.

Last edited by 99C5Coupe; 12-16-2005 at 11:03 PM.
Old 12-17-2005, 12:46 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 99C5Coupe
You might need to "train" your key fob. I had to after having my batery disconnected to insatll headers.
1. Turn ignition key to the on position.
2. Clear any warning messages on the (DIC) by pressing the RESET button.
3. Press the OPTIONS button on the DIC several times until the blank page is displayed, then press and hold the reset button for two seconds.
4. When the message FOB TRAINING is displayed, push the RESET button once. The message HOLD LK+UNLK 1ST FOB will be displayed.
5. Press and hold the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the transmitter simultaneously for 15 seconds.
6. When a transmitter is learned, the DIC will display FOB LEARNED and then prompt you to learn the next transmitter.
7. Repeat steps 5 and 6 for the second FOB.
8. Remove the key from the ignition.
The programming mode will shut off if:
You don't program any transmitters for two minutes
You take the key out of the igition.
You have programed three transmitters.

I had to do this several times before it worked for me.
Good luck!
Edit out the airpump from your PCM, otherwise you will get check engine light and codes. Found this info on C5 corvette forum, tech section. Search for removing air pump.
Do you think that because I deleted the air tube and didn't delete the codes, that its causing my car to sputter through the RPM range?

I'll give the learn instructions above a try in the morning.........however, did I mention that every time I reset the fob it would be okay for a day or so? Then it wouldn't work. Kinda like the fob and the car forget they are linked and have to be relinked "so to speak".

Thanks for the post!
Old 12-17-2005, 09:10 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 00Vette
Do you think that because I deleted the air tube and didn't delete the codes, that its causing my car to sputter through the RPM range?

I'll give the learn instructions above a try in the morning.........however, did I mention that every time I reset the fob it would be okay for a day or so? Then it wouldn't work. Kinda like the fob and the car forget they are linked and have to be relinked "so to speak".

Thanks for the post!
I think the sputtering is unrelated to the air tube being deleted. The codes, other than the air-pump system codes, should indicate what is causing the sputtering.
If you are unable to get the key FOB to re-train I would take it to a dealer and ask for help.
Old 12-17-2005, 10:55 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 99C5Coupe
I think the sputtering is unrelated to the air tube being deleted. The codes, other than the air-pump system codes, should indicate what is causing the sputtering.
If you are unable to get the key FOB to re-train I would take it to a dealer and ask for help.
Yeah..........I think your right. Ellis said he'd delete the air tube codes and when he does that I'll have him decypher the other codes and see if he can fix it!
Old 12-17-2005, 11:18 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Haul your butt up here today ASAP!
Old 12-17-2005, 01:52 PM
10 Second Club

Default Robert you having any car issues?

I got under the car and checked all the 02 sensor wires and all are in good shape. None of them are melted! Ellis mentioned on the phone that there might be bad fuel in it. However, the last time I filled up was with Robert and he filled his Z up at the same station. Robert, You having any problems?

I bought some fuel cleaner cleaner and I'm gonna fill up with some 92/93 from the shell next door and add the additive I bought tommorow before I go see Ellis. Should I baby the car when I put the additive in or should I open it up to try and blow the crap through?

Quick Reply: Ellis.......I need help!!